Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless parts G3WO

if any kind soul sees a nice NOS oil tank for a 1940 G3 WO at Stafford please get let me know or get it for me. Also, does anyone know what the threads for the bolts that hold the rocker box to the head are? I also need a set of these, 6 long heads and 1 short head from memory.

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Re: Matchless parts G3WO

Andrew, here is one of the deep head bolts. 5/16" BSF.

Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

If anyone sees a nice petrol tank for a G3/WO at Stafford, grab it for me will you. The G3L tank on my G3 has just started to leak petrol everywhere!!

Lincoln Bill
If anyone sees a nice petrol tank for a G3/WO at Stafford, grab it for me will you. The G3L tank on my G3 has just started to leak petrol everywhere!!

I could possibly repair it for you, I repair a lot of tanks.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks for that Dave, I'll certainly need to do something very soon. Either all my petrol will leak out or the whole thing will catch fire and with fuel at the price it is, I'm not sure which would be the most expensive option! Once I get it off and looked at, I'll go from there, cheers.

I might be talking out of the top of my head!! But I think a G3 tank is being delivered to my house for Robb Nortier? I also THINK he is building a G3L. Maybe some conformation can be sought on the above information, in case a tank swap is in line

Sounds interesting? Could be a solution? The G3L tank I've got is a good one, nice and clean inside, without badge or knee grip holes. Unfortunatley, I've noticed tonight that it seems to suddenly be seeping petrol from somewhere around the front underside, which as you can imagine, was quite an unpleasant discovery and until I can get it off tomorrow, I don't know how bad the problem is.

Ron Pier
I might be talking out of the top of my head!! But I think a G3 tank is being delivered to my house for Robb Nortier? I also THINK he is building a G3L. Maybe some conformation can be sought on the above information, in case a tank swap is in line

Wrong info Ron, the G3 tank is for John Tinley!!!

Well I'm sure he won't mind you swapping it!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

NOS oiltank? Dream on! Solder up the tank leak.

douglas
NOS oiltank? Dream on! Solder up the tank leak.

I found one!!! well not recently, maybe 8 years ago, but good used ones are easy, there were about 4 at the Jan. Kempton jumble this year, varying from 35 to 65 pounds a piece.

Nothing much can go wrong with them, very sturdy design, one of them broke my leg in 1984!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

OK sorry for the confusion about the tank! I will of course check with Lex before I give any parts away Ron

thanks Ron, 5/16 BSF. i did try my BSF die on the bolt but it didnt want to go, but now I know for sure I can have a go at it. My problem is in fact a mauled thread in the head for the short head bolt which was missing. This is the bolt just adjacent to the main oil feed pipe into the rocker box and could explain why my engine was so covered in oily grunge!

Anyway, I live in hope on the NOS Oil tank and if anyone sees one do please get it as mine is a bit grotty to say the least. Have a great time all of you off to Stafford.

cheers

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

acordinng to the weather forcast it is going to be a wet one so take your sun cream you know what the forcasters are like enjoy roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

You can buy the rocker box bolts from Russells in Clapham. Cheers John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1