Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free T-shirt - Off topic

Photobucket

So okay, it's not the new WD Bikes T-shirt that I'm still working on. But free is still free.

I'm looking for some images, but not specifically WD bike images (although those are welcome too). I'm really looking for general "classic" biking images from across the range (but Brit bikes are preferable). I'm talking about images of ordinary people like us enjoying their bikes, or pictures of their fathers, or their grandfathers, etc (also on bikes).

I just want to put a page on my website entitled something like "Yesterday" or "The way we were" or whatever. I'm looking for people pics - and those ordinary, everyday shots are fine.

So if anyone's got any pictures they'd care to share with the world, I'd like to see them. But I also want a few words about who the subject is (i.e. "Dad escaping from Pentonville Prison on his Ariel, 1953" or whatever.

I was thinking of picking the best one and sending a free T-shirt as above (any size; S, M, L, XL), and even a runner-up T-shirt if I get a lot of pictures.

The scans/images don't have to be huge. Anyone up for it?

As a footnote, we've also got a GENUINE Sump T-shirt if the winner prefers. Here's a link:

http://www.sump-publishing.co.uk/classicmotorcycletshirts/genuinesumptshirt.htm

Naturally, this is a little promotion for Sump, but I'm happy to defer sending out the winner's T-shirt until the WD Bikes tees are ready, and the winner can have one of those instead. That sound reasonable?

Please email me direct if you're interested.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Re: Free T-shirt - Off topic

What about: "Real bikes are kick-started"

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hans, was this your suggestion for a T-shirt?

That sounds good: "Real Bikes are Kickstarted."

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Danny,

These are 2 period pictures of bikes I own now. One is of a BSA B18 from 1936 being sed on holiday in the 1950s. I don't know the name of the owner.

The second is a picture from 1940/1941 fo mr. Trevor K. Stead on his BSA R19 Competition from 1936. From the buff logbook I know that he bought the bike second hand in 1937. Before the war Mr. Stead used his bike in trials I have some documents to prove that as well as a couple of medals. It was also used post war up until 1951. Mr. Stead was member of special branche of the police and as such entitled to ration cards for petrol thus enabling him to ride the bike during the war. As you can see it was fitted with a blackout mask that came with the bike when I bought it. The first start is on Youtube.
Link

Regards,
Leon
BSA B18 249cc OHV de Luxe 1936, Image of a BSA B18 used on holiday in the 1950s.

BSA R19 Competition 1936, mr. Trevor K. Stead on his BSA R19 during WW2 with blackout mask fitted.

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Hi Leon, Thanks for that. It's exactly what I'm looking for. But I wasn't expecting anyone to post the images on Henk's site (takes up too much bandwidth). But I'll take these images from here if I may.

If anyone else has any shots, please email me direct.

Ta.

Danny DeFazio
Hans, was this your suggestion for a T-shirt?

Yes Danny, it can be put on the back of T-shirts with another message up front!
And somebody well versed in the English language told me that there should be a hyphen between 'kick' and 'started'
And there is no copyright on this, and also not on the following:
"All parts falling of this motorcycle are of the finest English workmanship"

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Danny, I'll send you some photos of my little Trials bike

Thanks, Bill. I've got them. I could use a lot more old bike pictures (of any type) if anyone's got any they want to share.

Workshop images, factory shots, riding your first bike, dad's bike, anything at all.

Hi Danny...I'll send you something when I return from Stafford....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian. Thanks. I figured that you'd have a few images tucked away. Hope Stafford goes well. You might want to check out the 3 Crockers that will be on display. Unfortunately, I'm going to Spain this weekend for a short break and will miss the show.

Nieuwe pagina 1