Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dyslexic head!

Two days ago I posted this photo of the alloy head on the thread "Simply more grunt". Just a bit of boasting after many hours of messy work. Did any of you chaps see the problem I created?

Neither did I, until last night when I fit it on the cylinder.

Seems I made one of my classic left-right errors, and radically relieved the head around the exhaust valve and left the intake relatively shrouded.

Back to the welder! Good thing I'm not an orthopedist.

Jeff

Photobucket

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Re: Dyslexic head!

Hi Jeff...Easily done..there is a tendency to concentrate more on the shape rather than the overall design. I spent some time recently modelling the inside shape of my cylinder head but in 'mirror image'..in other words a 'male' of the 'female' head shape...bloody confusing at times!.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It was obviously meant to be, just cut another plug hole & do a "reverse head" with Carb at the front like they did alot with Triumph twins!!

Good on you for trying Jeff. I wouldn't bother with relieving though. you will just lose some of the compression you gained from filling the head unless you give it even more fill.I'm trying some Goldy cams this week with this mod, will report back. Douglas. Remember, left, left, right, bombs away! Photobucket

Douglas,

Have you lightened the flywheels or overbored the cylinder? Is the intake standard?

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Haven't touched anything else. Only doing this to make them cruise at 60mph.Not going for top speed.

Nieuwe pagina 1