Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 60623 ID

Hi all,

A left-for-dead bike I got for $200 some years ago recently came back to life in our shop. The serial number (matching frame & engine #) is : WM20 60623

I know the basic contract info from the Orchard & Madden book, but wondered if anyone had any of that splendid info from the key cards to match up with it?

Thanks very much

Chris S.

email (option): bsachris@gmail.com

Re: WM20 60623 ID

Hi Chris

Sorry its not in the keycards.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for checking Rob!

would it be possible that it was never issued because of the matching number (not been overhalled)

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

roger
would it be possible that it was never issued because of the matching number (not been overhalled)

Or more likely it saw a lot of use and was sold off straight after the war, the ones that were in better on unused condition would have been more likely to have stayed in service.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Its had some work done (has a 1 over tag on the base of the cylinder) but that's the only sign, and it doesn't indicate where or when it was done.

It runs really, really well - surprisingly well actually.

The other place I mean to check is on the excellent collection of photos & info CD that Henk sells here on the site. It which includes a set of photos catalogued by the C-number (which I think would be about C4664331) - might give a clue as to where its been. First I have to find the CD though, which has hidden itself!

Thanks fellows!

Nieuwe pagina 1