Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
barrel paint

Hi All,

I'm wondering if there is any rattle can paint that could be used on an M20 that is worth the trouble. The barrel on my bike will be done from the machine shop this week, and I'm considering alternatives to leaving the remaining paint intact. I know that BBQ paint is barely adequate for a OHV vertical twin, so surely it won't be able to withstand the much higher heat of our side valve machines, right?

Any advice appreciated.

Kevin

Re: barrel paint

Any woodburning stove dealers near you?
Better quality paint used on them than that BBQ rubbish.

Kevin forget about BNq paint its not good enough, we use in my day job,I run a woodstove shop, Hi, temp paint , and the best in europe is Senotherm, german made ,Good for 800C or USA, forest paint co. good for 650C we sell both . pp off line for a delivered price if you are in the UK,

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

This paint is good, you bake it in the oven. 270635691736

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

most likly not senotherm,senotherm do make a cheaper alternative, but thought it was 450C, any way its in stock and 4ooml in a rattle can, its all I use. andrew>h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

I haven't found anything that really works on an M20. I have been using a product called PJ1 for a number of years because it quotes the higher heat ranges. But I'm not sure if it's still in production as I haven't been able to get it from my normal sources.
I just touch up my barrel with a small brush and a tin of Pot Black as is required. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

andrew hemsley
Kevin forget about BNq paint its not good enough, we use in my day job,I run a woodstove shop, Hi, temp paint , and the best in europe is Senotherm, german made ,Good for 800C or USA, forest paint co. good for 650C we sell both . pp off line for a delivered price if you are in the UK,

Thanks Andrew to the suggestion on Forrest Paint Co. I'm in the US, so I'll order from them. It looks like their stove bright paint will do the trick.

http://forrestpaint.com/index.php?page=high-temp-aerosol-paint

Kevin

Nieuwe pagina 1