Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scam

Hi Henk..what made you remove the post about the scam BSA sale?..No axe to grind on my part...I just wondered..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Scam

Hi Ian,

Strangely it wasn't me who removed it. Not sure who might have the power to do that. As far as I know just me and the person posting it.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

It was me. I changed it from personal to factual.
Because we only have 1hr with option to edit or delete.

Exactly, its assuming a high level of ignorance on any potential buyer but it still appears people have parted with money, there's a theory that for some people,the higher the reward offered, the less capable their ability to assess the risk.
Also the seller saying they work in the gambling industry is a little clue, they often just can't help leaving little clues to their character.

Multiple reassurances about how you are protected as a buyer are also common to these scams it seems...Trust me, Trust me, Trust me .. ... ... ...Ian

I like that Welbike... Is it for sale..?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

It must be forged paperwork Ron..as you can't get a 'genuine' document from e bay.
If you can drive a computer, generating that sort of thing is pretty straight forward these days..and people still think if they've got an official looking bit of paper it must be genuine...
Most of the population still believe what the politicians tell them ..so scamming must be pretty easy work..I think Fred has got it right.. The more you think you are going to get a bargain the more you have a tendency to be less cautious and the faster you will move to secure it before someone else does..I suspect once someone accepts the initial 'sales pitch' they could be in trouble....Ian

No problem Dave. Just send me £3000 and I'll tell you the number of the high street shopping centre in Perth where you can collect it Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

My Scammer hasn't mailed me back
I do hope he's not ill, with no friends to call it would be awfull.

Ahhhh, he's asked for my post code (presumably to send a fake invoice) ive given him SW1H 0BG. (New Scotland yard)

Nice one.. ..Ian

When I went to look at the link for the advert access to the site was blocked by my anti virus software which was telling me the site was on a list of sites that may have 'dangerous content'...I'm not quite sure what that means....can anyone enlighten me?...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1