Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engine bearings again

Hi Ian,
I removed the bearings from the case; the drive side ball (65-2045), a standard metric bearing 6205C3, was in good condition, no problem.
The big ball bearing drive side 65-2045 makes disturbing noises when I spin it; perhaps a thorough cleaning will do, but I would like to have a spare. There are no markings whatsoever on the rings; in the Technical Section you state that MRJA25 is an equivalent, but what brand is this? My bearing dealer did not know. Is it a 2 7/16"x 1" or a metric 62 x 25 ??
Now for the timing side: there is a ball bearing (27-261) marked RMS 7 (2 1/4" x 7/8") that can be re-used, and a roller (24-722) without markings that also could perhaps be cleaned ok, but what is a modern equivalent?
And at what temp should I heat the oven (when my good wife is away... ) to drop in the bearings?

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Engine bearings again

Hi Hans..A modern number for the (metric) drive side roller bearing that your bearing supplier will find OK is NF305. SKF for example list it under this number as do other manufacturers.
The timing side roller bearing is an Imperial one..personally I don't use any bearings where the manufacturer doesn't have enough faith in it to put his name on it!.
This bearing is available from a European manufacturer(Austrian), NKE bearings..and they do it in the C3 fit. The number is MRJA 7/8. If you are leaving the crankcases in the oven to 'soak' for a reasonable period of time just over 100 degrees C is enough...Though you can safely go hotter..the crankcases don't melt till you exceed 635 degrees... . Wrapping the bearings in some tissue paper and a plastic bag and putting them in the freezer overnight before you do the work also helps increase the clearances and aids fitting...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Photobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

I see they are correct Hoffman from Chelmsford Essex
(only just up the road from me)

NOS..and about four lifetimes supply unless you are planning to have your own signals platoon Henri.. .....Ian

What make is it Barry?...Ian

my bearing?? its made by hoffman.
barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks Barry..Did you buy it from a bearing supplier?..and if so who?..or was it just a one off purchase from e bay or similar. It was a good price for a Hoffman bearing..Ian

Thanks Barry..Glad to hear the motor is OK again..Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1