Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucas MT110

I'm trying to fit a pattern MT110 to a 16H number plate. I've got some small bolts to go through to holes but there's no way the nuts will fit against the back of the light. I did think I could pop rivet it on, as the front part of the light doesn't have to come off to get at the bulb. How were they originally fitted? If they were bolted, is my light a bad copy that's not allowing any space for the nuts? Thanks

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Lucas MT110

Dave, I always use screws and nuts. About 4BA I think. It is always fiddly, but possible. Ron.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Horror..I used 4mm screws and nuts the last time I fitted one. As Ron says it's a squeeze but you can get them in by positioning the flat of the nut agaist the light and then screwing in the screw, rather that turning the nut...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try

My MT110 was bolted on the rear number plate with three 4BAX3/8" bolts and 4BA nuts.

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

I bet yours was an original one Kostas
This pattern one I have, has the holes drilled right next to the side of the lamp. There is no room at all for the flats of the nuts to sit. The screws will be at an angle. I might have to dremel one of the flats on each nut to get it to sit straight. Pop riveting it is looking immanent

Nieuwe pagina 1