Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 Trike!

I wondered what happened to this, I seem to recall that it was on the forum once before but it has now reappeared on
http://owensmotorcycles.co.uk/bikes-bsa-wd-m20-trike.html
He also has a civilianised WM20 and a WM20 engine

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: WM20 Trike!

Certainly be fun on wet corners with no diff if someone attempted road use.
Reckon it was converted to pull a fuel bowser at on a small grass airfield.

The poor old thing keeps turning up, but at least its running now, I suspect whoever made it (maybe the RAF??) where going to use it to tow a gang mower but never finished it.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hard to believe the RAF workshops would have turned out something that crude..though anything is possible I suppose. The gearing must have been a bit odd with those small back wheels.
I guess as it is the front end of a military M20 thinking up a 'military' background for it is the most logical thing.
Has there been any documented history with it on the various occassions it has turned up?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I first saw it back in the early 1980s when it was sold at the Shepton Mallet auction.

The auctioneer said that it came from RAF Hendon and my father wrote that down in the catalogue with the price it realised.

Rob.

Photobucket

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

It's amazing it's stayed as a trike for so long, as it has no practical use. I would have thought it would have been changed back to a bike, if that's possible, or used for parts.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Wouldn't be surprised if Boris Johnson turns up at the Olympic opening ceremony on it to further embarrass us.

cycle fred so you are a ken livingstone fan then they are all a load of shilocks vote for me i will give you something free or cheaper

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Although I keep looking at it, thinking, it wouldn't take much to add a diff and bigger wheels. Would this be allowed in 2014 Ian? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

No, my comment doesn't represent a political preference for anyone, if Boris was up for PM I'd vote for the Guy, at least he KNOWS he's crazy.

Hi Ron..Yes it can be done..new trikes are being built all the time. It might have to go through an SVA inspection to get it registered though and that would mean a Q plate. If it's already registered as a trike then you could just make the alterations.....Ian

I see he has an incomplete/non standard B33 he is prepared to break for spares so I guess if the M20 doesn't sell that will get broken as well. It's one of those sites where he doesn't put the price on most of the bikes for sale...bloody irritating...Ian

The incomplete engine was £150, not too bad a price?
Last time I went there he had a frame for an early WM20 with the brazed on sidestand lug for £250. The place is huge, he has parts over nearly all the drill hall, including the upstairs rooms, worth a visit if you're in the area, but he takes a bit of coaxing to open up to you and let you see the all of it

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

New trikes do not necessarily get a Q plate and you could still get an age related plate as it is a rear end change only. If you had a complete frame that you can convert back to original, you can keep the original number.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Posted it before, but..

Converted in Israel back in the 1950's..

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1