Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's getting there..!

I still haven't got my crankcases back from being repaired, but I thought I should get on and bolt a few things to the frame while I'm waiting.
I'm hoping I can get it finished before the Summer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: It's getting there..!

Looking good Dave. That tank will need a coat of Olive Drab though Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

If that tank is for sale I could do with one to replace the fibreglass one that's turning to jelly on my customers Norton!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I get the feeling there will be quite a few more Nortons in Normandy for the 70th than there was for the 65th. That looks like a nice restoration Dave.(any before photos?).I'm looking forward to seeing all these 'new' forum rebuilds 'in the flesh' at some point...You do realise Normandy 2014 is compulsory?.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

The 16H tank is hiding in the bedroom out of harms way I'm hoping to go to Normandy, and by then it should have done a good few miles road test (if I ever get my crankcases back).

Dave, I have tried to think of a way I can nick that Roadster tank for my 750 Commando with a fibreglass tank on. It's on an 850 MkII I'm doing to sell. I even bought an Indian made one to swap with, but it was so unlike a Roadster tank I couldn't sell a bike with it on, so I sent it back I put Caswell sealer in my fibreglass tank now, so it should be ok.

Hi Ian, here's a "before" picture. I was just going to change the back end, but it ended up a complete strip-down because I couldn't stand the horrible brush painted green paint. I was going to sell it, but now I'm keeping it

Photobucket

Nieuwe pagina 1