Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE Flea ignition coil and condenser testing

I am sure someone out there knows more about electrics than me and can help.Can anyone advise how to test an ignition coil and condenser on an ex wd Royal Enfield Flea 125, its the type with rotating flywheel magnet arround three coils, two lighting and one ignition.How do I test them and what readings am I looking for? I know its the cause of the none running problem as I have changed them for another and that runs fine. so need to find out how to test the coil and condenser on the dud one
Regards
Andy B!!

Many thanks Andy

email (option): marian.andrewbtopenworld.com

Re: RE Flea ignition coil and condenser testing

Hi, I've got a copy of the manual, I'll email the relevant pages tonight. If you haven't heard from me by about 9.00pm just give me an email just to nudge me! (I'd probably have forgotten)
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Andy B
I am sure someone out there knows more about electrics than me and can help.Can anyone advise how to test an ignition coil and condenser on an ex wd Royal Enfield Flea 125, its the type with rotating flywheel magnet arround three coils, two lighting and one ignition.How do I test them and what readings am I looking for? I know its the cause of the none running problem as I have changed them for another and that runs fine. so need to find out how to test the coil and condenser on the dud one
Regards
Andy B!! Andy, Do you mean you have changed the coils and flywheel for another set or just coils?, if its just the continuity of the wiring in the coils is whats required just use a simple test meter,, however coils can and do break down when under load or when warm/hot.and will need rewinding if fails the test, how have yours tested out? The flywheel is another problem , lex may know how to fix them, cos I dont,andrew.h.

Many thanks Andy

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi I have swopped coil and condenser and now have a spark , but still need to test the old components.I have tested coil for conductivity of low tesion windings but wanted to know what resistace readings should be.Also how do Icheck the high tension side and how do I check a condenser.I have basic multi meter only.
Any help appreciated.
Regards
Andy B

email (option): marian.andrewbtopenworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1