Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
off topic.. Home brewing

Hi Guys,

This is so off topic, but I'm a home brewer looking for my next challenge.

I already have made Newcastle, Fullers ESB, Skull Splitter, Grolsch, etc.

I'm looking for a "hoppy" beer that has a nice tang to it. So, my question is this: What is your favorite beer?

I'll see if I have the recipe, and make it in your honor. While I can't share it with you in person, I'll definately drink one in spirit with you.

Many thanks,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Re: off topic.. Home brewing

Hi Robb

Tribute from Cornwall is a nice pint.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

There was a special beer brewed recently by the Piddle Brewery called 'Little Willie' in honour of the prototype tank of 1915. It's a great beer but a bit embarasing to go into a pub and say to the barmaid, 'I'd like a Little Willie please'.

I must say that my beer of choice would be a nice cold India Pale Ale.

You can't beat a stout for body and taste...Velvet Stout and Sweetheart Stout used to be two of my favourites..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: a bit less off topic.. Home brewing

During the commemorations of Market Garden and the Pegasus march you can buy a special brew, the "Airborne beer" in 3/4 litre bottles:
Airborne beer

Fifty E-cents per bottle go to the "Lest we forget"-foundation. Recommended!

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

My favourite lightish hoppy ale is Harvey's 'Sussex' best. It's the one beer that I always feel that I've missed out on if I don't manage a pint when I'm back in England.

I think it helps that they still have a nice traditional tied estate centred around the brewery so it's usually possible to find it well-kept.

More than three pints is like riding with badly adjusted forks though...

These days I prefer a really nice Cider to beer. The best I have had was made in Worcestershire by a friend using both Pears and Apples..beautiful to drink, like a fruit juice, but best treated with extreme caution! The Norman Cider is pretty good too...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I love 'Hobgoblin' from the Whichwood Brewery In Oxfordshire. It is a very tasty beer which I use in my Christmas Puddings. The slogan for this beer is " What's the matter, Lager boy, frightened you might taste something!"

P.S.
Beer is never 'Off topic' on a biker website......

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Ian Wright
These days I prefer a really nice Cider to beer. The best I have had was made in Worcestershire by a friend using both Pears and Apples..beautiful to drink, like a fruit juice, but best treated with extreme caution! The Norman Cider is pretty good too...Ian

Yes Ian, I totally agree with you!

Have had some really potent home brewed cider in Normandy, the apples are different there, so you cannot really compare it with Uk cider.

Am drinking some nice Dunkertons right now, 6.8% not bad! but my favorite is Westons Vintage, or Asphall, very smooth!!!

The septics won't know, as over there, cider is a kids drink, with no alcohol!!

Ian, bring some home brew Cider to Netly next time!!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

The local brew round here is "Red Biddy" half cheap Port half Meth's. There is a book "Brewing beers like those you buy"

Sir Ewark
Whichford (where Hobgoblin is brewed) is about 10 miles from my house ans nice little villiage.
Every third Thursday of the month we have a British bikes and cars meeting on the villiage green outside the Norman Night pub there.
Im often there on either the Commando or WM20

Being a So-Cal resident, I heartlily recommend 'Arrogant Bastard Ale.' It's a dark heavy India Pale Ale, and it is wonderful!

Kevin

I quite like Manns Brown Ale, Doombar as it comes from where I spent many childhood holidays and tastes lovely, Honey beers are nice. I tend to like the sweet ones, would love to try that Pear cider Ian mentioned..

(With the way things are going beer will be as dear as that Bough Sup soon, so fully support home brew and moon shine. I've given up the fags now, but £8.05 for 20, glad I don't)

email (option): Kit247@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1