Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunny Dorset.

With the lovely spring weather today and in view of the imminent riding season. I finished off the service on my M20 and push it outside in the sunshine, and then took the G3 for an MOT. Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Sunny Dorset.

The examiner looks like he is already disturbed!
I rode my G3 through the pea soup to work this morning.
Looks like a sunny ride home though. Hurry up summer.
Cheers, Mick.
Hey Ron, Is that an armours stainless silencer?

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Looking good Ron
All your bikes look fantastic, I'll be happy if my 16H looks half as good as that

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

No sun in sunny Devon today...very grey and dull. I spent the day buggering about truing up a set of M20 flywheels and getting J O'Bs M21 crank and cases ready for assembly..No Jollies and glamorous photo shoots.. like these retired blokes... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Good man ian

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Not so sunny in North Dorset today. I've been trying to get a few pics sorted and the cold, misty day didn't help. I guess it's always sunnier by the sea.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Mick. It's an Armours stainless system on my M20. The G3 is also Armours, but plated in satin chrome. Ron

Hi Ron,
After cleaning my brushes (;-)) I found another hour or so for a very nice ride...
2012-03-15 18.31.00
Anyone has an old cover available for my pillion seat?
Thanks, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

But did the G3 pass its MOT!! I had a hell of a job finding someone who understood how a set of girder forks works and would pass my G3 as fit to ride. My AJS is up for MOT on Saturday for the first time since it came off the road in 1942, wish us luck!

Bill I had no problem with the MOT. I even mentioned your predicament to my guy George. He couldn't understand why anyone wouldn't realise that girder forks with a damper are not going to react the same way as modern tele's. The mere fact of jacking the bike up will place the fork spring rubbing against the steering damper and exaggerate the symptom..... Don't even some modern bikes have a hydraulic damper. Would that have to be disconnected by your MOTer? You have the right to ask for an appeal form, from your test centre.

Sven, your art work is impeccable.... and produced so swiftly Ron

Photobucket

At least the old chap is back on the road now and I know not to go back to that place again! I think you are dead right about the modern dampers you can buy, presumably they would have to be taken off for the MOT?

It's funny working Ron...anymore requests?
Norton only.......
2012-03-15 18_33_2012-03-15_21-04-45_661

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

I'll send you my Big4 for your easel Sven. Ron

Re: Sunny Dorset.and dampers

Sunny ride home, then a noise like one of those Herley Sireens. Got quite loud, then silence. The speedo stopped working at the same time. Assume I'll need another set of drive gears. One the subject of dampers, heres what I fitted to the G3-
springs 2
springs 1
Yep, bungees. Works bloody well, and easy to remove.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1