Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
90mm Pistons.

Increased production costs and other overheads have meant that a price rise has become inevitable for my 90mm pistons.
These pistons are a flat top design and can be fitted to either a B33 to produce 570cc with a standard crank or in the sidevalve motors, 720cc when used with an M21 crank.
The piston specification far exceeds the original as they are forged, not die cast and a modern ringset is fitted with a 3 piece oil scraper ring. Material is high silicone alloy so expansion rates are low for a piston of this size. Gudgeon pin dimensions are as the BSA at .750" diameter. For sidevalve applications a post 1951 'unlinered' barrel is required. For B33 applications either 'big fin' or 'small fin' barrels are suitable.
Particularly in the OHV motors they can be safely used when the engine is subjected to virtually any amount of further tuning.
Price will be £170 plus postage.
If there is sufficient demand to warrant the purchase of a batch I will get this underway so please let me know if you are interested....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: 90mm Pistons.

Hi Ian,
Can these be used with a "linered" barrel, or would you need the post 51 non linered type?
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Hi Mick..To be confident of a good quality casting you need the post 51 barrel. BSA used good liners in not so good basic castings and good castings without liners...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,

I would definitely go for one of those! What sort of performance increase have you achieved with this mod? Are significant carburettor settting changes required etc?

Also, would you know of a source for an unlinered barrel?

Please e-mail me with details for purchasing the piston, will you need a deposit?

Many thanks.

Ben

email (option): mad_king_soup@hotmail.com

Hi Ian
Yes i will have one of those,let me know how to pay you.Cheers Drew

email (option): bronte.nolan@bigpond.com

Hi,
Sended you questions about these pistons and
other stuff couple of days ago to your private mail.

BR
Paavo

email (option): paavo.vesala@gmail.com

Hi Ian Have mailed you re piston etc

Cheers Pat

hi ian
yes i will have one, did you say they come complete
mark

email (option): markbrob1@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1