Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sleeping next to a loved-one

It looks like I've only got a night or two next to my dear old M20, as when the wheels & mudguard are in, it'll be too big & heavy to get up the stairs. Having said that, it'll save a repeat of last nights anguish where the wife can't hear the TV over the banging and crashing from the bedroom above as I put the frame together.
Going out into the cold garage will never be the same again...

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Sleeping next to a loved-one

Excellent Lee, looking good, will be nice to see her in the flesh at Armour in June

email (option): ianhince@tiscali.co.uk

I hope you mean the bike Ian...Ian (there's an echo in here)

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian. It seems to have taken an age to get to this point, but it's getting there. The motor should be ready in the next couple of weeks, the gearbox will be soda blasted this weekend and I'm now on to painting the big bits. Armour here we come

I have never met a woman who understands this. Why is that?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I would hate to break the stereotype 'women don't understand us bikers' thing but my wife loves the ol' gal(my M20) as much as I do, in fact she bought the bike for my birthday quite a few years ago. Although I've got to say she doesn't think much of the pillion seat that I have on the bike at the moment.

Brilliant Lee once the gearbox is in it will all fall in place. I've only just put the box in my 16H and suddenly the back end is together and looking more like a bike.
I've shown my missus your picture and she said "you can build it in the bedroom if you want...!" Which I was surprised about. But I wouldn't get it down the stairs either, so all the big painted parts are stored in the bedroom where they wont get bashed.
I got in her good books with this bike when I sorted out the pillion seat, cus then she said "Oh thanks, you've thought of me and got me a seat." Ummm yes dear of course I was thinking of you

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Ian Wright
I hope you mean the bike Ian...Ian (there's an echo in here)
That did make me laugh Ian all manor of thoughts are going through my head now!!!!!!

Hi Ian..For a cure I'd recommend a bath in a cold horse trough..it works for me.. ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Hi Ian..For a cure I'd recommend a bath in a cold horse trough..it works for me.. ..Ian
That`s classic

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before the M20 was banished from the bedroom but the good news is that it's only gone as far as the dining room. Just as well, as with the wheels in, I didn't fancy freewheeling it down the stairs with drum brakes...

Hi Lee, your bike is starting to look like it's on the home run now! Just speaking from my own experience, now would be a good time to attach the rear brake torque arm which the lower chain guard bolts to. I found it much easier to fit at this stage, rather than after the gearbox and rear mud guard had been added. Just a thought!

Slim Jon

Slim Jon
Hi Lee, your bike is starting to look like it's on the home run now! Just speaking from my own experience, now would be a good time to attach the rear brake torque arm which the lower chain guard bolts to. I found it much easier to fit at this stage, rather than after the gearbox and rear mud guard had been added. Just a thought!

Slim Jon

Thanks John, I'm all for suggestions as this is my first Brit bike and, for me, it's like doing a jigsaw without the picture on the box. I took plenty of photos as I stripped it down and I'm still scratching my head on reassembly

Hi Lee,

I saw your bike and I'm curious what kind of paint and colour did you use?

Thanks

André

email (option): vplrn@hotmail.com

André vp
Hi Lee,

I saw your bike and I'm curious what kind of paint and colour did you use?

Thanks

André

Hi Andre

It's Firwood BS298 from Jeep Parts UK

After I'd done my Mother's Day stuff yesterday, I set about painting the tank and applying some stickers & transfers. As Ron mentioned on a previous post, the curve on the tank is not helpfull when trying to stick on the Axholme Signs stencil, but with some careful trimming and some heat from my Wife's hairdryer, they eventually went on. I've also never used waterslide transfers before, but compared to the stencils, they were a piece of cake.
I also dry assembled the back end to make sure I only weld the holes in the rear mudguard that I don't need and when that's done, the gearbox is waiting to go in (it may have to go in the garage for that...), followed by mudguard and panniers.

It's getting there!

Nieuwe pagina 1