Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 help

Hi all, can anyone help with a photo of how a pillion seat fits and where and how a field stand clip should be fitted. Both were missing from my bike but now during the rebuild its an ideal opportunity to sort.
Many thanks
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Re: M20 help

I don't know if these will help, but...

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Sorry to hijack the thread with an off topic subject, but...John..I was thinking of getting one of those bike lifts as shown in your photo for working on the the Sportster..how do you find it?..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Sorry to hijack the thread with an off topic subject, but...John..I was thinking of getting one of those bike lifts as shown in your photo for working on the the Sportster..how do you find it?..Ian

Mr. Wright,

I must confess that the picture with the lift is not of my bike, or my stand.... So, can't comment... This lift table is what I use, but its much older and quite battered at this point... I also put some smaller casters on it to lower the table top.

Photobucket

The lift in question is, I believe, very close to the one show on the link: http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-2792.html.

For more money, this one looks even better..lighter and more stable, better adjustment for leveling the bike

http://www.harborfreight.com/lightweight-aluminum-motorcycle-lift-94715.html

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Ian Wright

Ian, the sporty frame is a little bit too narrow to be safe on them for heavy work, unless you can make a clamp to actually clip over the frame rails, they are useful though.
Another useful bike ramp is the Sealey one that is designed for small workshops, it is basically a full size bike bench , but you can shorten/lengthen the bed on it and the bed itself is only a channel that fits the widest of bike tyres, rather than relying on the bikes stand you tie down the bars or fork yoke, but at the same time it could easily be modified to take the bike on it's rear or centre stand and what is nice about it is that when it's in your garage you can still get other bikes in there easily and the main feature of it is that it is easily picked up with one hand and can be stored on it's end. I know there has to be a slight compromise on quality (ie it is lighter guage steel) but I saw one in the flesh and it appeared quite useful for in the garage especially if the garage is shared with tumble driers, kids pushbikes etc

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks for the info. folks...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

if you want to move the bike when its on the stand you will need a garage floor like a babies bum

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1