The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: is your bike here

Mick Holmes
The pic I posted is of one of the many army dumps around Bayeux, taken around June '45. Local people were invited to help themselves to whatever might be useful. The photographer was Corporal Eric Gunton, No. 32 Graves Concentration Unit Royal Engineers. He went in on D+2 and was stationed in Bayeux. In fact he married a French girl and lived in Bayeux until his death in 1987.
Cheers, Mick.

mick, i thought it might have been seen,i bet we would not get dumps like this anymore,as anyone found their bike in these pics.curt

Hi everybody,

I am new on this forum. I have been reading all your interesting posts for quite a while now. Still like reading them. Some are very usefull.

Really love this picture. We used to have an army vehicle dump in our neighbourhood as well, after the war. At Deelen military airport near Arnhem.

I think I recognized my WM20. Sixth from the left, first row .

regards,

ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Here's a couple more, I'm sure I was told the first one is Deelen-
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Absolutely unbelievable! I've never seen these anywhere else. What a huge waste, I hope most of them were reused and not just scrapped, but I'll bet most went to the crusher? I've said it before and I'll say it again, only two types of people profit from war, arms dealers and scrap dealers.

I've cleared a space in my shed to start building a time machine. Has anyone on this forum build one? I will need a lot of advice and maybe some spares NOS parts if possible.

The British government wasting tax payers money is nothing new!

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Check this one out Terry....
meh_ro5781

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

Terry
I've cleared a space in my shed to start building a time machine. Has anyone on this forum build one? I will need a lot of advice and maybe some spares NOS parts if possible.

Terry, when your time machine is ready, you'd better bring some insulated clothing, the "Deelen Dump" had a 10.000 volt electricated fence around it, to stop exactly what you're planning!

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Sven, I was driving next to this one on the New Jersey Tpk last year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2S7J_JBWds

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

That Delorean is no good for the job, we need half a dozen time travelling 10 ton lorries for this caper!!

What could be better than just stay there and enjoy motorcycling with unlimited availability of spares?? No rush, no modern crap, silent roads....who said I wanted to go back to 2012??

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

With all the chaos after the war, did they require registration and bike licences?

Nieuwe pagina 1