Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sump BSA M20 t-shirt

Photobucket

Okay. Here’s the deal. We’re printing some new t-shirts at Sump (my classic bike web site). We couldn’t find any BSA M20/M21 t-shirts on the market that we liked, so we decided to design our own. And this is it.

They’re printed on black only, and are (we’re told) quality t-shirts. And they’d better be. We don’t want any rubbish on this forum, or on Sump.

The tees are £15 plus £1.50 UK postage and packing. We don’t yet have postal costs for the rest of the world, but for visitors to this forum we’ll leave it at £1.50 for now.

The shirts are ready to print, so I’m just looking for some advance orders to help establish sizes. I expect to have them ready within a week. They’ll be despatched immediately. I’ll reply soon with buying instructions, etc.

No, we’re not exactly giving them away. But we think it’s a fair price in view of development and design costs, pre-production costs, and everything else that goes into bringing any product to market (we had two attempts before we got it right).

More importantly, we think they’re worth it. If you agree, email with an expression of interest, and sizes. We’re planning medium, large and extra large, but might print some small shirts if the demand is there.

Anyone named Henk Joore or Ian Wright need not apply. They’ll each be getting a free shirt for services rendered—and I know that no one on this forum will argue with that.

World’s Greatest Sidevalves? We think so.

Danny.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Re: Sump BSA M20 t-shirt

I would like one XL please

email (option): ian.clare1@virgin.net

I'll take one, Extra Large. Domestic postage to Mildenhall please.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Extra large for me also please

email (option): jimstott51@virginmedia.com

I'll pass on these, as I stick to the world's best roadholder.

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

So will I Rob, as I cannot agree with the statement above!

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

Very nice shirt.

I would like to buy one, size L please.

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

XL for me too Danny.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

XL for me also.

They have to be the world’s greatest sidevalves in order to cart all us overweight people around !

ChrisJ

email (option): chris.joy@btinternet.com

Well that certainly separates the boys from the men. Sounds like I ought to start selling diet programs too.

But thanks for the interest. Will be contacting everyone individually over the next few days, so stand by your computers.

Yes, the T-shirt should read

" BSA M20 & M21.... Can haul even the fattest bastards"

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Horror, we might even print that one too. I'm sure that Ron will have one.

Nice t-shirt! Please sign me up for one in size L.

Thanks.

email (option): rustadeng(@)gmail.com

Hi ,

Sign me up for one in size XL.

Henrie

email (option): h.groeneveld16@chello.nl

I'd like 2 XL please.

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Me too 2XL if possible
gflash11@hotmail.com
Australia

Interested in one (size large) shipped to the USA.

email (option): dgordon4@austin.rr.com

Danny To give me room for expansion !!!,I would like one medium one large and one x large Thanks uk delivery, andrew hemsley

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Dude! That's awesome! I'll take one in size XL.

Kevin

seilerkevin AT hotmail DOT com

Great T-shirt Danny, I'll have one in size L please.
Mick W.

email (option): mickwalsh57@gmail.com

One for my 10 year old grandson, I suppose S or M?
And can't you put "Real bikes are kick-started" on the backside

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hi Hans, you can't possibly be old enough to have a grandson. Yes, we can put a message on the back of the shirt, but we need to order about 50 of them to get the unit cost down, and the cost will be higher anyway.

Perhaps you could lend your grandson a paintbrush and a tin of something bright and wet.

We'll send you a small shirt. Thanks.

i am not a bastard i know my mum and dad were married i was there at the wedding ok i will be the brave one and order a 3xl it should also have henk's heros on it

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

one for me please, 2xl....

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

I would like one.
Hopefully Large will fit a size 40" chest.

Paul C

I would like 1 extra large please

email (option): roel3@hetnet.nl

Ive got to have one.Medium please.

email (option): johnbrogdale@yahoo.co.uk

Note to Paul C

Paul, don't forget to send me your email address.

Danny DeFazio
Hi Hans, you can't possibly be old enough to have a grandson....

You're VERY kind Danny, but I fear that I'm one of the oldest farts on the block, at 78...

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

I would like an XL please....

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Danny,

Count me in for one XL.

regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

XL for me please

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I have e-mailed you for a couple of large Danny, great design.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

I'll take a large to the USA, great shirt!!!!

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

I'll take one XL shipped to the US...

Thanks,
Bob

email (option): baatfam@sbcglobal.net

One large please.

Thanks
Rick

email (option): rbrouard@guernsey.net

I'm starting to understand why you chaps struggle to find period battledress in sizes to fit....

I like the artwork a lot Danny, the combination of colour with moody black & white reminds me of Bob Carlos Clarke's images in the 'Bike' of the early to mid 1970s.

The engine would look better with an oil tell-tale on the timing chest.

As a non Beeza bloke, I'd consider one for the picture but I couldn't live with the chauvinistic message.

A 16H version next ? You don't have to say that it's the best...just that it's bloody good !

Hi Rik. thanks for your comments. Much appreciated. We did consider a t-shirt reading: Norton 16H. World's Second Best Sidevalve, but couldn't see a market for it.

More seriously, we are working on another design that might suit your good self and a lot of other people. But these things take a little while to "mature". Or fester, depending on your point of view. When we started, we thought that it would be a lot easier than it is. But there are all kinds of complications that need sorting out unless you simply rip-off existing designs, and even then there are issues to be sorted.

Personally (and don't spread this around) I like pretty much all the military bikes, and most of the bikes of the 1930s/40s. It just happened that the M20 came along at the right time and at the right price. But just think; if I'd got a Norton first, I might have managed to sell three or even four t-shirts.

It's a hard life if you don't weaken.

You're absolutely right, Danny. I can't believe that it's all pre-ordained so it must just be down to chance. If the A65 hadn't been so damned ugly, and the Commando Roadster so good looking then I might never have gone down the Norton route (I certainly wouldn't have if T140s didn't vibrate so much !)

Strangely (thinking about it now), if the rolling chassis that I found when I set out to build a girder-forked green laner hadn't turned out to be from a military machine then the whole WD thing would have passed me by.

You're right about the lower sales volume with Nortons too. Tight bastards, most of 'em !

I'd happily buy any shirt with a nice 1930s bike on (apart from Broughs or HRDs 'cause I'm an inverted snob). I'm reduced to using those DIY iron-on transfers (and copying Carlos-Clarke and period adverts).

Nothing wrong with a little individualism, Rik. I'm now going to have to check out Carlos-Clarke. I must know his work, but I can't bring it to mind - unless he was responsible for an image of a 1970s Sportster in red that appeared in Bike magazine around that time. This was a side-on view that I think a lot of people cut out and glued on their wall or something. Maybe you remember it. Thanks for reminding me, anyway.

I don't recall the Sportster but his Trident and Commando at Stonehenge photos made a big impression. He made a lot of tinted b/w pictures before he became famous. He took his own life a few years ago, a long way from those carefree hippy motorcycle images.

Photobucket

Thanks, Rik.

I've got that poster framed on my dinning room wall, and it has BIKE magazine above it

Horror
I've got that poster framed on my dinning room wall, and it has BIKE magazine above it

Mine's framed in the hall

Photobucket

- and the Bike '77 calendar is in the garage (as it's a bit rude !)

I've got a copy of the magazine somewhere but I haven't seen to calender

One L size please, I`ll be away on the 10th Mar for a few weeks, if they are not ready before I go please hold one for me on my return,thank`s Jeff

I would definitely be interested in an extra large. great design. thank you for this. avb peter

Re: Sump BSA M20 t-shirt - note to Jeff Dennis, Peter Beresford and Paul C

You guys forgot to supply an email address. Please contact me off the forum if you still want a shirt.

I'll have one in size L

email (option): vplrn@hotmail.com

I would like 2 large ones please

email (option): imurrell@hotmail.co.uk

Put me down for an XL please Danny. Postage will be to Oz so you'll need to up the £1.50!

email (option): njgreen@bigpond.net.au

Hi Nigel. thanks for your interest. I'll put an XL aside for you - and we'll honour the postage cost at £1.50.

could you put me down for an xl as well please Danny

email (option): ford369@ntlworld.com

Okay. Have got all these listed. Some of you guys probably need to eat a little less, but it makes no difference to me.

Looks like one size more or less fits all.

Hi Danny..I'm sure it's all finely honed muscle...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Can we make this subject go away, it's using up most of the first page!

Douglas, I ought to be offended, but I'm not. I think most people know that the t-shirts are available, etc, and anyone can contact me via my email address. So Henk, if you could "unsticky" the post, I suspect a lot of other guys would be grateful.

Nieuwe pagina 1