Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still Looking for a Bike!

Hi All

I've been a member of the forum for about a year now and I'd just like to say that I have found it very informative and highly entertaining. Although I haven't managed to get myself a WD motorcycle yet I haven't given up hope and I'm currently trying to figure out how to swap my 1959 ex-AFS Matchless and part restored 1950 tele/rigid Matchless G3L for a WD bike. If anyone is thinking of parting with such a machine I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers, Dave.

email (option): dave.stapleton626@virgin.net

Re: Still Looking for a Bike!

Hi Dave..Was that your ex AFS Matchless in Normandy on the 65th.?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian, No that was Peter Short, apparently his Matchless G3 broke down shortly before the event so he had to go on the AFS Matchless. I had spotted him on it in one of the films taken over there by the tell-tale convoy plate and front reg. plate.

Dave

Hi Dave..Now I remember his name !...What sort of thing are you after? a project..a rough runner..a fully restored machine?..and any particular model?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian, I suppose the obvious answer is the best I can get for my money

Ideally a good runner, something that I can ride, it doesn't have to be fully restored, just tidy. A G3L would be my first choice but I would consider any WD 350 or 500.

As for price, it all depends on what I can get for my present bikes (or an exchange deal), I guess I'm looking between £3000 to £4000. I've already got a nice Despatch Riders helmet, it's a start

Dave

dave there is an m20 for sale in the free paper Motor Cycle Monthly you can get them from your local bike shop free

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

Thanks Roger, I'll have a look.

Cheers, Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1