Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can someone identify rear wheel and hub

OK, I am thinking this is the wrong rear wheel for my Enfield. For one the sproket takes a larger chain. Plus none of it looks like the parts list or any of the hubs I am finding for enfields. Can someone tell me what it is actually off.

Thanks

email (option): v8zspeed@yahoo.com

Re: Can someone identify rear wheel and hub

Hi Jesse,

That's a post war Enfield hub (from a Clipper or something similar...). For as far as I know it can be made to fit. The biggest difference is the location of the anchor bolt. See picture below. You will need a new anchor bolt plate (number 29) and do some minor modifications...

Photobucket

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Jan. thanks for the info. unfortunately the hub teeth are for a larger link chain, so not compatible with the sproket on the output of the gearbox.
Jesse

time to look for a rear wheel then.

hi jesse,hang fire until you know for sure your gearbox sprocket is correct,im just making two for a 1929 ajs,the sample i have has 5/8 pitch teeth on it ,the guy wants 1/2 pitch on the new ones,but he hasnt changed the rear wheel,be patient the answers will come,somebody will either turn up the info or remove their clutch casings to photograph it for you.there are some very helpful people on this forum ,just that they dont read up every day,cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Rik, THanks. The parts book ddescribes a 1/2 pitch chain, for both primary and secondary. This sprocket looks like it may well be a 5/8" pitch. Deffinitly larger than the 1/2" on my other cogs and the chain I have.
Lots of fun figuring what someone may have just thrown at the bike, thinking it was right or would work.

Jesse

That sprocket's ever so worn which makes the pitch look greater.

Most of us have bought the odd wrong bit at jumbles and most incomplete projects are likely to have been in the hands of chaps who bought more wrong bits than most, which is why they lost interest.

I can imagine him now...feeding the trader info until the seller knows enough to get rid of the old junk on him. You hear it all the time.

"Wossat off Mate, is it Enfield ?"

"Yeah, Enfield"

"Wot model ?"

"Dunno"

"Is it WD/C ?"

"Yeah, tha's right, WD/C"

Nieuwe pagina 1