Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bsa exwd m20

i have a work friend who does not have access to the internet he is currently trying to find as much info as possible about his m20 bike he has frame,serial,contract numbers etc any help with useful websites for paint codes service history and so on would be very very helpful and appreciated he is also looking for other owners with the same serial no allocation range his is 4553722-4562721 again any help or websites very very welcome thanks.

email (option): damionandlouise@talktalk.net

Re: bsa exwd m20

Hi Damion..What is the year of manufacture of the bike and contract number? There are various paint options depending on when the bike was made. Service history information is not generally available as records are incomplete. However, if his bike carries a postwar brass rebuild plate with the post war registration (eg YH 44 ZC) it may be found in the existing 'key cards' which give information on the last unit bikes served with and disposal details...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

hi ian many thanks for responding to my post as i mentioned any help at all with websites and info is very welcome here are all the details i have on the bike. frame no wm20.459 engine no m2084055 we believe this is a later unit wd serial no allocation 4553722-4562721 contract no c9310 wd serial no 4555308. some info that may also help the bike was dispatched from the works on 22nd september 1941 and delivered to chilwell on 21st january 1942.i mentioned the rebuild plate but the tool box didnt come with the bike any help with colour name and code would be brilliant we understand there may be a choice as these bikes changed without proper records being kept. again thanks for your help and any info best wishes damion

Hi Damion..That serial number is only around 140 from my own bike. However, from your posting you seem to have worked that out from the engine number, whereas the serial should be calculated from the frame number. Or is your posting incorrect?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

hi ian sorry those are all the numbers that jim the owner has given me i will check the frame number with him but as you can probably tell from the numbers he believes that the engine is a later unit best wishes damion

Nieuwe pagina 1