Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1945 m20 mudguards

Hi
i are looking for a front and rear mudguards for a 1945 m20 military bike that i am restoring. The frame number is m20 109711 and the rear guard had extra spats or side panels fitted. I think these panels were original but someone else may be able to confirm this?
I also need a handle bar so if any one can help please let me know.

Thanks
Phil Smith
New Zealand

email (option): wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

Re: 1945 m20 mudguards

There made in the UK as well any kind any type.
The Company advertises is in the "Old Bike Mart" based in England.
I bought a pair for the Plunger B31...perfect and good quality as well.( Renovation Spares )(01527 543796 )
Also WWW.auto-cycle.co.uk

Buy British when you can.

Most of the stuff from Jingly Land you will have to work fettle it to make it fit what you get is not always what the photo describes!!

For a late model M20 such as yours you should have a ribbed front mudguard and a back mudguard without the rib, also without side valances.
I don't know of a replica of the 'unribbed' rear guard but you should be able to trade the early pattern valanced type for one...they are quite sought after..Also fitted,the late sumpguard with U bolt fixing, short pattern pillion seat and possibly the later type electrics (subject to confirmation of the spec. for that contract). 'Cut off' style petrol tank if it is from the last 3 wartime contracts and a Vokes filter if it is from the last 2 contracts...Ian

Now that you mention it, Ian, we could use a short blurp on the different year looks as you just did for the late war models in Henk/s tech's list.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Did someone mention 'Renovation Spares'? I'd rather deal with someone from India than that ARSEHOLE. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I see, possibly you had a bad result at some point.
Noted.

Yes Paul you might say that Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes...I had a negative experience with the 'replica' front mudguard for my Triumph 5SW wnen I was restoring it...I found him unhelpful and arrogant and he spent most of the conversation telling me what he COULDN'T do and that he wanted to retire..I won't notice when he does.. ...Ian

Yes there's a few replica tinware makers here but none of them seem to have the pressing on the front guards to clear the front forks each side?

Hi Douglas..I have done those pressings myself on replica blades. I made up a 'male' and 'female' of the shape from a piece of well seasoned oak (an old bedframe!), about twice the hieght of the indent. I then put 2 parallel steel pins through both halves of the former (just below the centerline) so that the wood slid along the pins.
Next I placed it over the edge of the guard with the pins resting against the edge and simply pressed the shape in using a 6" Engineers vice as the press.
Turned out well!....Ian

Re: 1945 m20 rear mudguard

Hi Guys,

I have the same 'outfit' fitted to my 1945 WM20.
You will also need to exchange the tail-piece for a unribbed version.
Have a look a Peter Classic bikes here in The Netherlands.

http://www.petersclassicbikeparts.nl/contents/nl/search.html?searchphrase=rear%20mudguard%20m20

Please note: on the picture I can't see the mounting braket, which is riveted on the fender...
Ask first.
But nice price!

Cheers,

Leon

Nieuwe pagina 1