Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Combination Levers

Just a query for any who have used them, how practical, comfortable to use are the combined clutch/adv ret and brake/choke levers? Does the adv/ret lever get in the way of clutch use for instance? Or restrict horn/dip switch access?
Not worried about whether they are correct for the year of my bike, just looking to tidy up a civvy ex WD machine (16H) and this seems a nice compact arrangement but have not seen them up close.

Thanks
Iain

Re: Combination Levers

Hi Iain..are you referring to BSA type 'combination levers with the ratchet front brake lock or 'piggy back' levers of the conventional type with the controls for adv/rtd and choke on top?...Ian

Ian

piggy back i suspect, i wasn't aware of the ratchet type arrangement. I was looking at the Vintage Replica Amal type.
Besides "improving" a Norton with BSA type levers would be almost blasphemous.

Don't forget BSA normally had 7/8" bars and Norton had 1" until around '44?. The BSA combined levers are expensive, especially if they don't fit!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Some BSAs pre war had 1" bars I believe and combination levers can be found in both sizes..too posh for a Norton though... ..Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1