Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Felt Washers

I am having a difficult time getting the felt washers for the axles front & rear.
Can anyone tell me the dimensions so I can make them.

Ian All good to go next week
thanks

Regards Michael

email (option): michael@nammech.com.au

Re: Felt Washers

can you get thick felt to make them could you let me know where you get it thanks

The last company I worked for used to buy felt in sheet form for the remanufacture of a particular type of filter and it is still used as a filter medium. The spec. pretty much matched that of the wheel felts.
I would suggest 'googling' industrial filter manufacturers or industrial suppliers as a potential source. I was considering the possibilities of replacing the felts with oil seals but haven't looked into this in any detail yet.(I'll do that when I start the overhaul of my M20 later in the spring).I think Hans has spent some time on this subject..he may be able to comment..Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Yes, I did some digging, but the problem was that the company that has the hard felt needed in the right thickness (about 1/4") only deals with other companies and not with private persons. I could order through such third party but that will about double the price....
However, I'll try again to get a square foot or so of the stuff

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Michael, had a bunch of those made few years back. Let me know if you want some sent.

Henri

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Just remember that they fit on the outside of the retaining cups and not on the inside.

talking of retaining cup should the shoulder of the cup be facing inwards or facing outwards i go for facing inwards

Roger, there are some very fine exploded diagrams that surfaced lately on this forum and show the retainer washer facing the bearings with their hollow side towards the bearings and the flat portion supporting the felt gaskets. Had wondered about for a while after finding that set up in a NOS wheel.

Nieuwe pagina 1