Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late Christmas present

As promissed the photo's of my new 16H.The bike runs well but needs some cosmetic work. I have to remove the pannier racks because there is no rear frame on this bike. The chrome plated primary chain case needs new paint and the number plate holder (incl tail light) is not original so if someone has a spare number plate holder and/or taillight please let me know (swap for the pannier racks?).

In a previous post I asked about the C-number of the bike and it is a 1940 16H (W19243).

I want to repaint this bike back to a nice olive drab color and take it to Normady this year (remember Don Fife picture with a 16H).

email (option): h dot groeneveld16 # chello dot nl

Re: Late Christmas present

Henrie,

Your bike is from the same contract as mine (C6653). My frame and engine number are both W19518. Is your engine number also W19243?

The C6653 contract has some differences from the other Norton contracts. The most noticeable one is the presence of the pannier toolboxes.

If you do want your bike to be as accurate as it can go, then you have to hurry if you want to be ready for June!

I hope the more Norton experts can comment, but I think that your side welded oil tank, your horn, the footrests, the pannier racks and the rear number plate are incorrect.

Does your frame has lugs for the toolbox? Mine doesn't!

The hunt begins, enjoy it!

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Nice bike Henrie...Look forward to seeing it in Normandy. Do you have a date for your arrival yet?
Ron needs to know as he is leading the ride to the memorial next time...by the direct route ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Arrival 1st June late in the evening or 2nd June early in the morning, depending what time Elles gets her day off on 1st June (work morning shift or afternoon shift). We go back home the 7th or the 8th.

Ron Pier as a boy scout leading the way?. I will follow. Detours, site seeing I don't care as long as we get there. We did last time, didn't we? .
I hope the 16H will not break down this year like the M20 did the last 2 years .

Henrie

email (option): h dot groeneveld16 # chello dot nl

AHH...but you've fixed it now... ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Kostas, Henrie. My 16H is also from contract C6653. With frame number W20330. Also it does not have the tool box lugs. I queried this with Rob VDB who told me some where omitted, obviously because of the pannier box's. My engine is from a later contract. I have built my bike into a later war spec.
Henrie I have now built my M20 engine to 600cc so I should be able to get us lost quicker
Kostas, any parcel yet?

Ron

.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/militaryron/?action=view¤t=16H045.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron,
Unfortunately no, still nothing...
I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

OK Kostas. I have the receipt, posted on Dec 20th. I wonder what the hold up is? Snow, leaves on the line, the wrong kind of rain??? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Henrie,
Here's a pic of my 16H, from C7353.
Photobucket
I was thinking about taking it this year for the Don Fife memorial.
How many Nortons could we get?
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

I'm hoping to find some bocage to lean mine against.

Photobucket

Nieuwe pagina 1