Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedometer Question?

Finally obtained an M20 Speedo, and it will naturally need some work. I have included a picture and have a question on the bezel ring. There is a rivet like pin which retains the ring which I am not familiar with. Is it just a pressed in pin or ??. It has to come out for the ring to unscrew. Any suggestions? %20void(0);Photobucket

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

Re: Speedometer Question?

There have been a couple of threads about these anti-tamper seals.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=940961&cmd=show

It proves your unit is WD !

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Hi Joe, I have also put some info relating to speedos on the 'technical Section'....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian and Rik, I must have missed the thread. I will pull the rivet and see what needs to be done. It is nice to have an untampered one.

There are some small markings on that rivet. If you chop it off with a sharp screwdriver you might be able to glue the head back with a blob of Araldite. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, I was just thinking the same thing, maybe drilling the center rivet and saving the washer.

Hello!!

In the technical information, there are the manual cromometric speedo repair but I would like to know if there are some manual of the this post speedo (old model). My speedo needs to be clean an adjust.

I have a goog frind that her father is a good whatchmaker and I thought that he could repair but I don't know if the speedo needs be repair by a profesional.

Thanks

email (option): aleaja79@hotmail.com

I have the speedometer apart now and am quite lucky. The one screw that holds the escapement in had fallen out. The odometer only shows 2100 miles so mechanically everything is in good shape so far and I did save the Smiths seal.

It looks liek its doing 70mph standing still, oh it is doing 70mph standing still ;-)

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Kit
It looks liek its doing 70mph standing still, oh it is doing 70mph standing still ;-)

Bolting it on an M20 will soon destroy that illusion !

(Unless it's one of Ian's !)

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1