Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tipped up silencer

Armours have just made a small batch of tipped up WM20 silencers in stainless steel. Polished or unpolished. I just picked this one up for Leon V.B. for £95....Shame to blast it! Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Tipped up silencer

Ron Pier
Shame to blast it! Ron

No Ron, it's not

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Armours? will it fit?

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

ahhh! chrome

This is not Chrome Roger, it's stainless steel. It looks like mat chrome if you bead blast it. Rob there never seems to be an issue with the fit of the silencer. It's the pipe that can be out a bit. But the beauty about stainless is that you can tweak the pipe even if heat is required before blasting it. Henks pipes from Armours look ok. Ron

I had to move the mounting bracket nearly 2" on one of mine...and it was the wrong length. Eric's complete system took me 2 days (at least) to fit and I have NEVER had an exhaust pipe from them that fits correctly.
Also the pipes are usually badly 'necked' by the use of incorrect tooling...something that can't be corrected and looks awful. I'd have a silencer from them as it gives you something to work with and you may get lucky.
I wouldn't have one of their pipes as a gift...but other than that it's a great product..Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

The tipped-up silencer and pipe that are made by London Exhaust Technology here in the Low Countries ( http://www.london-exhaust.com/ ) could be fitted in a quarter of an hour, but unfortunately they are in steel only. Mine was coated with an aluminium-zinc hot spray coating that behaves very well, only some discolouring near the cylinder.

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

I had little difficulties to fit the exhaust system on my BSA, I had to cut a few cm from the cylinder end of the pipe and I guess it took me a little over one hour to fit it to the bike.

It does make quite a bit more noise compared to my old (original) exhaust system.

Henk

Henk Joore
I had little difficulties to fit the exhaust system on my BSA, I had to cut a few cm from the cylinder end of the pipe and I guess it took me a little over one hour to fit it to the bike.

It does make quite a bit more noise compared to my old (original) exhaust system.

Henk

I don't know Henk, the War office spent most of the 1930s developing motorcycles that could be used to creep up on the enemy and you're pleased that your's makes more noise ?

I had a stainless set on a Commando once and they seemed to reverberate more too. You can't beat original.

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

De mensen vinden dat leuk

For sure I do......

This is a Dutch run site so would you speak English please?.... ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

ron,
do we order through armours or are you a go between????

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Ian Wright
This is a Dutch run site so would you speak English please?.... ...Ian

Henk was just trying to justify the anti-social noisiness of his M20. He lives under the flightpath of Schipol though so his neighbours are probably mutt'n'jeff

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

I can pick them up from Armours as they are on my doorstep. But that only works if I am meeting you or your friend. Best to order from them but mention my name as they seem to have attached it to those silencers. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1