Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brick for Sgt Don Fife

Today I ordered the brick to be placed in the Kiosk wall at Juno Beach Centre.
I asked them if it is possible to organize a small ceremony on site for the unveiling of the brick. Any preference for the date? Unfortunately, the 6th is on a Monday , so perhaps the 5th will be an alternative.
And I got from an old gentleman a long leather, pre-WW2 coat in excellent condition that I tried to sell at the Wormer club meeting; the proceedings, 40 Euro will pay in part for the plaque to be placed on/in the chapel at Fresney-le-Puceux.

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Brick for Sgt Don Fife

Well done Hans.

When is the Militaria fair at Coleville, isn't that usually on the 4th or 5th?

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hans,

Great news!.

Henrie

Hi Hans...Good effort...without your determination this wouldn't be happening. How do you stand for funding at the moment?
I think the militaria fair that Rob mentioned is on the 5th. so what about the 4th. for placing the 'brick'? Is the morning of the 6th. out of the question?
Finally do we have a date/time for placing the other plaque and what is the situation with the 'locals'?....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Funding: I think for the brick it's OK, have to wait for the results of the conversion rates between GBPounds, US$, Cdn$ and Euro...
I think that for the plaque I'll have to make a supplementary round with the hat (the thing will cost about E 150) but wait until I know more.
Military fair: the 4th could be an alternative; the 6th is on a monday, when some people will again be on their way home.
Plaque: of course the locals have not replied , so we'll go there with tools and install it; perhaps we can ask the local priest to attend and say a few words

Hi Hans...thanks for the update. I'm not surprised you havn't had a reply from the 'locals'...the French aren't renowned for their sense of urgency..It looks like the 4th for the 'brick'then....Put me down for another 10 Euros if you need it...just let me know when...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Well done Hans. Likewise let me know if you need more funds. Sat 4th sounds good to me. We can decide about putting the plaque in the shrine at the time.
Can I suggest that whilst some of us are installing the plaque some of the rest (French speaking) could go on a hunt for the priest. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I'm happy to give another £10/euro, great work so far.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Hello Hans you can put me down for 10 euros as well and i will bring my tools aswell

email (option): evandeweerthof@yahoo.com

sir sir me me too let me know how and amount

Thank you all for your offer! As soon as I have an idea of the total cost I'll knock on the door again!
And see you all in Normandy next year

i think i am out that day hans

Nieuwe pagina 1