Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Felt washer retaining rings

In the front and rear wheel hubs are felt washers, held in retaining rings. These, as well as the felt washers, are hard to find, so I think I'll have to make them myself.
Therefore I need the dimensions of these rings; they are: for the front wheel 24-6841 and 24-6846, and the rear wheel 26-6865.
If you have these rings lying around, please send me the dimensions according to this sketch:
Felt washer retaining rings

And if you have these rings available and for sale, I'll be very happy; it will save me a lot of time on the lathe...

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Felt washer retaining rings

Yes, they are different! What are the dimensions of the one in the picture?

Sorry Hans, this one is back in the wheel and is unaccesable. I dont have any others to measure.

Thanks LJ, I am still waiting for others in this brotherhood who have these rings lying around and will measure them for me...

Hi Hans,

If I'm correct for the rear wheel the outside dia is the sam as the front wheel RH except for the inside dia, which is larger then the front RH.
You can, and i believe for you no problem correct this dia on a lathe. If you are interested I have 3 cups for sale (Front RH)

Boudewijn V.

email (option): bousien@hetnet.nl

Hans.
Here are the measurements for you: A = 49mm, B= 29mm
C= 6mm.
I hope this helps you out, these are for the rear wheel.

Regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Thanks John, that helps!

Thanks Boudewijn, I'll mail you privately !

its the thick felt is the part that is hard to get hold of

There is a firm here in the Netherlands that can make any size of rings in industrial quality felt. The problem is that you have to order at least 10 of each size, and then the fixed cost part will weigh heavily on the price!
A combined order of for instance 20 each size will result in a reasonable price.

Nieuwe pagina 1