Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seat Spings

What is the original size (length/width) of the two large saddle springs on the WDM20? 55mm/70mm or 115mm?

Re: Seat Spings

there were two different lenghts, early ones longer, as the later ones used a different hexagonal mounting stud.

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Re: Seat Sping length

Mine measure just under 4.25 inches.

I have the hexagonal mounting pieces that are about 4-3/4 inches long. The hex part is close to 2 inches long, and the stud part that mounts to the frame is 1 inch long. That makes the side that goes into the seat about 1-3/4 inches long.

The stud threads are 5/16 inch BSCY (CEI).

The hex is .530 across flats.

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

My problem is that i have two different springs on my seat. The one on the right seems to be the original as the bolt seems original while the one on the left has a metric bolt attaching it to the frame. I want to purchase a correct spring, or perhaps two new ones and just trying to find out the correct dimensions.....

seat

which mounting studs are you using, the ones threaded completely or the ones with the hexagonal profile?
peters classic bike parts in the netherlands has those and the correct length springs, draganfly have the longer springs...
chris

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

I have the hexagonal mounting bolts.
So then i assume i would need the shorter springs?
what would the length and width of the shorter springs be?

Nieuwe pagina 1