Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early model saddle wanted

As most of you know, I am very much in love with my early WDM20 and it bothers me a little that it has a late war saddle. Is any of you in possession of an early saddle that you might want to sell? Just a bare frame would do. I have an original late war frame to swap if that helps.

Thanks,
Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: Early model saddle wanted

Ok Henk what one will look like, Just so we all know, andrew.h

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Here a picture of the saddle I am looking for.

Henk

REME

I think I have a frame, I'll look tomorrow and let you know tomorrow night

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

That would be great, thanks.

Henk

I've had a good look at my pile of saddles and there are only the later type there (I could have sworn that there was an early one)I'm off to a jumble on Sunday, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one there if no on else has one

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

That's to bad but thanks for looking. If you could find one during that autojumble it would be great. A complete original saddle would be great but just the saddle frame from would also do, preferably with the springs in it.

Henk.

Hi Henk, is it a Terrys S707 you are looking for?

And did we ever discover what it actually looks like?

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Rob Miller
Hi Henk, is it a Terrys S707 you are looking for?

And did we ever discover what it actually looks like?

Neal Gentner from Australia started an identification research in April 2010. Hi Neal, are you still there? Did you find anything yet?

Cheers,
Jan (rewdco)

Photobucket

“And now it's your turn to get up off that couch and go into the deserts, go into the mountains, go under the lakes, rivers, and seas and search for history. You'll never find a more rewarding adventure!” (Clive Cussler)

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

In the parts book I see that both Terry and Lycett would do for the 1940 models. I have a later model saddle with the double metal strap which I would love to replace for a Terry or Lycett saddle.

I have a saddle cover here with on both corners a protector for the passenger, it's in pretty bad condition but still nice for reference. If anybody wants to see some pictures just let me know.

Henk.

Nieuwe pagina 1