Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Picture

M20s at rest outside of Hans luxury accommodation in Normandy last summer. We were in the poor peoples part around the corner! ...under canvas. A great 'Tour'....
Anyone planning to join us in 2011?....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Re: Forum Picture

Yes Sir.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Ian and Ron sitting down and poor Hans having to stand.

It would seem that their philosophy, as with motorcycles is "Wear out the Old'uns first" !

Ian, do you have dates for next year (How long will you lot be there ?)

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

We made Hans pay for the drinks too

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I hope that Hans is feeding early pattern saddle frames into a crusher at this very moment !

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Am booked already -

A great time guaranteed !!

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I'm going, but I'm staying at Arromanches municipal campsite.

"Oh I do luv tuby beside the seaside..."

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I hope to be there Gents

Already told my boss I will not show up at work the first week of June 2011. See you there!.

You bet! Just waiting for Ian to get permission from 'er indoors so I can book the boat Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ian Wright

OF COURSE !!!

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hello,
Dont think that i will make it to Normandy for 2011.
We go to the french alp's with are pre-war bikes and will drive my 3hw on this trip.

Guy

No No Guy. The French Alps are there all year long, But D.Day is only in June. Ron

1st to the 7th june staying at St com du mont location as last year,, same old bunch of crocs Keith (ariel)Alan (Matchless) I,m taking the M20 & Ariel figers cross we might get one of our old riders back with us again Roly (M20) ,,Ian what time and place do we all assemble for the run

Alan whats the chances of Roly being aloud out!!!

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

HMMMM? Now if I was Roly, what would I do? Stay at home with my new wife who is about 20 years younger than me.....or ride my old bike??......Ride my bike of course! She can have the other 51 weeks! Ron

Hi Ian
Looking forward to another excellent few days in Normandy again next year. Likely be travelling in "convoy" again with JO'B. (He needs the support you know!). Something to look forward to on these dark winter evenings!

Jon S

email (option): windrush856@waitrose.com

Im planning to com my first time there what would be a good chouse of accomondations you think?

email (option): evandeweerthof@yahoo.com

Will be there Ian, dont know details yet but at least an m20, in as found condition, andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Reine Mathilde booked today, can't wait....

Henrie

Well Ian ive also booked my week in normandy so i think i will see you there on Reine Mathilde in the first week of june.
Im looking forward to it

Ian
Whats the total bikes todate !!! looks like a good gathering, look like a goood run out

Erik and Henrie...What date do you plan to arrive in Normandy?...John...I think at the moment there are about 10, not including your group. There are also a couple of 'unconfirmed' at the moment.
The NOBS are planning their Matchless G3L 70th. tour for next year and are trying to gather a number of those together so I expect they will have a fair turnout. We are bound to meet up with them at some point so there could be quite a few in total...all good training for the MASSIVE 70th D Day event.. (Winged Wheel 200)..when there HAS to be 200 plus..

I have booked at Reine Mathilde from May 30 up to June 7

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

I am already starting to plan for 2014 and the D-Day plus 70 years. Looking forward to meeting you folks. I will also from time to time ask for info as I have never been and do not know where to book and to stay etc.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

I be arriving on 28/05/2011 and Leaving 04/06/2011
so i hoop il be having a nice week in normandy.
Ive never bin there its my first time out there.
I am very much looking forward to this.
And it would be very nice to see other makes and models off WD Bikes Maybe (Nortons) aswell.

To Michael what an great trip for you it must be, but from what i alredy heard its well worth the afford when i get there ill have look around and give you some info were you can stay.

Hi Michael, There are numerous Hotels, Campsites, Chalets and Gites in the Normandy area, and you have a long time to consider the options! If camping under canvas or a fully equipped chalet is your thing then I would recommend the campsite that will be the main base for 2014. Any booking you make will need to be made about 18 months in advance of the event...the '10 year' anniversaries of D Day are the big ones and I am pretty sure the bike event will be the biggest yet!...Ian

Looking forward to meeting up Erik....Ian

200!!! Ian that has a nice ring to it bring it on!!

BUGGER...
me and my mate, an ex reme national serviceman were talking about coming over with the bikes...our wives heard us, and now they've booked a weeks holiday including the kids...thinking we were talking about push bikes...and bloody disney.

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Chris you've got plenty of time to thrash the missus and kids into submission with a Hazel twig!
Erik it would be a real shame to not be there for D Day, 6th June. Ron

Advise of sourcing/ making a part

Fellow Hoarders,

On a more serious note, and I know I did ask on the forum before -

Would any of you boys be able to roll/ make me a copy of a number plate holder, as shown on the above photo? (ie. bike with he red tip on front mudguard)

I have a '47 rigid civvy M20 with one on it, and I think it is the neatest looking number plate holder over all the other methods.
I need one for my army bike.

Anybody have the necessary tools, knowhow, willingness etc
Got to be worth 20 quid, comments/ advice appreciated.

Cheers,
WF

email (option): fergus78@hotmail.com

Thanks Ron for the tip i think i can stil make that date

Nieuwe pagina 1