Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
re vokes

hello, does someone knows from were to purchase the inner filter element used in the vokes bsa wm20 ?

Thanks before hand.

Re: re vokes

Hi Noel...assuming you are talking of a tank mounted Vokes I don't think these are available. The originals filter elements were 10 felt tubes, clipped to the manifold at the back end and clamped at the front.
I went and bought some felt and sowed up the tubes for mine....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Vokes filter

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Ian, I'm curious, did that change the sound of the vokes much?
thanks,
nt

email (option): nicktog@gmail.com

These Vokes filters are noisy things and riding around with it without any of these tube fitted doesn't help I can tell you that. During our trip to the South of France years ago I removed the tube between the filter and the carburettor as I just couldn't stand the noise any more after a while. Fitting these tubes would surely have reduce that noise to a better level.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

i stuck the thickest felt i could find onto the inside of the filter grills/holes i love the sound the filter makes

Many thanks for your idea Ian. I will buy some white felt and have them stiched up as tubes.

Kind regards
Noel

I found having some felts fitted quietened things down a bit...but not much. However, I like the sound the filter makes, even on a long run. I guess I must be tougher than Henk ..or my hearing is worse...Eh?...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Hello, We manufacture vokes tank top filters but without the tubes.

Regards

email (option): replica_metals@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1