Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear Mudguard Mounting

I have a real fender, stays, the "U clips" etc. There is a problem with getting the fender to mount properly as there is considerable space at the bottom when I put it all together.

I seems as if the arc of the fender doesn't match with the stays, pannier rack, etc.

Has anyone got pics of how they mounted theirs?

Thanks!

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Re: Rear Mudguard Mounting

Hi Rob...where is the gap? Have you fitted the mudguard 'U' clips (top and bottom) and is the bracket that is riveted to the mudguard connected to the square battery carrier/oiltank mounting plate?.....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,

If I mount the bottom of the fender, the oil tank/fender plate and the vertical stays, I get a gap at the midsection where the seond "U" clip goes.

Top "U" clip seemd to need spacers. Would this be correct?

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Robb...there shouldn't be a gap there...The first thing I would do is check the mudguard against a wheel with the tyre fitted to see if the curvature of the guard looks right. Also, are the vertical stays original ones?
It depends on the size of the gap but with the vertical stays and lifting handle removed can you get anywhere near losing the gap with the oiltank plate bracket bolts and lower clip bolts loosened?.....Ian

Hi Robb, The spacers on E Bay are for plunger models and fit in a different location. There are definitely no spacers under the 'U' brackets on the rigid models.
Do you have an original rear mudguard?....Ian

Hi Ian,

Photos sent to Robb, not sure what spacers Robb is reporting.
PhotobucketPhotobucket<PhotobucketPhotobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1