Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The worlds gone mad...

The world HAS gone mad...Cushman Airborne doorstop on Milweb...a snip at £8500. £8000 pounds worth of 'rarity'...£500 worth of bike?
Are we rarity enthusiasts or motorcycle enthusiasts? Personally I fall into the second category and just don't get it.... My WB30 has a large rarity premium attached but as a motorcycle I like my M20 just as much. In fact I tend to look at the B30 as a liability in many ways from a practical point of view.....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Re: The worlds gone mad...

Cor Blimey Ian! For that money you could buy FOUR unrideable BSA Parabikes
It is the rarity that counts....Someone once paid £1,000,000 for a picture of Sunflowers that looked like my 7 year old Granddaughter might have painted.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

My 11-year son rode one of my 4 folding bicycles at Race to the bridge this year, at no costs what-so-ever. And we passed some sunflowers where they belong: in a garden!

But indeed similar to go faster stripes (usually that is) behaviour to pay that sort of money for a fairly nunpracticle scooter!

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

You have the same problem as me Vincent...I can't help making a value judgment based on practicality and usability...I guess I'll never 'cut it' as a collector! ...Ian

Ron Pier

It is the rarity that counts....Someone once paid £1,000,000 for a picture of Sunflowers that looked like my 7 year old Granddaughter might have painted.

Ron

Ron,

I've got the original painting of the cracked vase with the big daisies in my workshop! Interested? (Don't know where the painting of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies is however... )

Photobucket

Jan (rewdco)

Photobucket

“And now it's your turn to get up off that couch and go into the deserts, go into the mountains, go under the lakes, rivers, and seas and search for history. You'll never find a more rewarding adventure!” (Clive Cussler)

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Hi Jan, There seem to be a lot of copies of the 'Fallen Madonna' picture on the internet ...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1