Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front wheel

Has anyone got a spare front wheel they would like to sell, or donate, I am in the process of a rebuild & found that the front wheel is very badly pitted on the rim also the brake drum is also quite bad (pitted inside)looks like it has lain out somewhere for years, I was fortunate enough to have a spare rear wheel which I replaced. If I cannot get another front one,it means I will have to try & get the drum skimmed, if it will take it that is.
I do have an 18" rear wheel with sprocket, axle & adjusters, it is a military one but not quite sure what it is off, most likely a B40 or something, maybe it was off a bike with sidecar as they had 18" wheels.

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Re: Front wheel

Yes Mick I saw this but never followed it up as I believe it was in Ausie land. I have now stripped my old one that I got with the bits as I do have a new set of spokes & I have decided that I can get the drum skimmed inside. The rim, I have took all the paint off & theres quite a bit of meat on it so I think I will repair it as best I can maybe use a bit of filler just to get a good finish, the paint I am using is gloss, so any blemishes will show up, I do have a new tin of NATO matt but I really don't like that very much. when I was riding these in the army in the sixties they were all gloss.
Thanks anyway for the leads

TTJohn

If possible, skim the drum when it is laced, and with the tyre on! A specialized shop can do that, the wheel is centered and driven by a roller. Gives a superior result; we have a chap here who made the set up himself, and on the same contraption, makes the brake linings perfectly round. My three Triumphs and the M20 have been done this way.

email (option): viaconsu "at" planet "dot"nl

Thanks Han, I already decided to get it done that way by Road Star at Dover after speeking with Steve.

Regards TTJohn

Nieuwe pagina 1