KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
who is it impersonating me There can be only one

Someone claiming to be Neville Lumbers has posted an item relating to a statue of Fred Trueman for Skipton this may be true but the authors identity certainly is not as there is only one Nev Lumbers ME and I certainly didn't submit the Fred Trueman item so the question is who is the impersonator any clues guys

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-1964

Current location (optional) huddersfield

Re: who is it impersonating me There can be only one

Nev Lumbers
Nev Lumbers ME

I don't know who is impersonating you, but what sort of postnominal is ME? Master of Education, Master of Ethnography?

Hi Nev

I know YOU exist cos otherwise I wouldn't have got home to Denholme from that funeral we went to a few weeks ago. But who is this other Neville Lumbers who claims to have been at KBGS at the same time as you and now even claims to have moved from Scarborough to Denholme!?
I thought you might have heard from Chris who was also curious about his identity.I have seen your Guestbook entry but can't find his.
Could you point yourself out on one of the panoramic views so that other people can vouch for your existence. Some others have already shewn by their replies that they confused the Trueman Neville with you.
Of course it is not impossible that this other Neville is genuine, but if so and we both live in Denholme lets get together and sort out the mystery. Email me.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1954-59

Current location (optional) Denholme (garethwhittaker99@hotmail.com)

Herein lies a plot for a thriller by Agatha Christie ("On line; Off target")- or a romanced autobiography by Neville, aided by co-writer Gareth - "Denham revisited".

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

i suspect he has impersonated a few, see link

culprit probably lives in Tonbridge, Kent

Are you the Neville Lumbers who used to hit me on the back of the head, from behind, with the edge of a ruler? There can only be one of you!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1960-66

In reply to David Stuttard yes I am the same Nev Lumbers I still keep in touch with Stuart Wilmot and Alan Cowling he has a pub The Vine in Keighley

Nice one Dave! You've waited 40 years for the chance to say that but it was worth it lol.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1960 68

Current location (optional) Leeds

Thanks to Neville for your confirmation. No hard feelings! I saw Stuart Wilmot in The Livery Rooms recently. Might look in at the Vine to see Alan sometime.

Nice to see your posting Malcolm. Would be great to hear from you again sometime.

Very sorry to learn that Mad Willy has died. Spoke to him several times in recent years - and he still called me Acker!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1960-66

Current location (optional) Keighley

I'd love to see you at The Vine Dave. Don't think we've clapped eyes on each other since we left school. Acker!!! I'd forgotten the nickname, though not the stylish rendition of 'Stranger on the Shore' on your trusty licourice stick. Wasn't it Basher Braithwaite who gave you that name? By the way, I think I'm right in saying our dads used to work together at the NSF.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1960 - 1965

Current location (optional) Keighley