KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Totally unrelated to anything so far with the possible exception of humour

In Australia we have 6 states and 2 territories, each of which has a bewildering array of car number plates. Personalising one's car could not be easier, although not necessarily cheap. You can have any combination of letters and numbers up to a total of 6 characters. I have indulged and my car proudly sports JDF103 (my initials and birthday). If you want to have a go at it you can go to

http://www.myplates.com.au/design_a_plate/design.html#design

I often look at people's plates and try to work out what they are really saying, for instance, whilst riding my motorbike one evening, I pulled up beside this car with number plate BRA38D, when I saw the driver I could see why she was pleased to advertise.

Here's one for you to work out - PB12IN

Re: Totally unrelated to anything so far with the possible exception of humour

Well I used to see regularly MYN121N, which meant 'mine's 12inches ', so if were are on the same subject here, it must be obvious what the P stands for. I'm not sure about the B though (breadth ???)

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Saw a good one recently - a very attractive woman driving an equally attractive sports car with the plate:

NOTHIS

We need to keep this above the belt, remember your chemistry, the 12IN is indeed 12 inches, or as we fondly used to call it......

Bloody hell lads, LEAD FOOT

12INOFF would be appropriate, except that it's 7 characters.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 65

Current location (optional) West Midlands

I don't know if this is what you were getting at Beetroot, but it reminded me of this little lad and little lass out swimming. He says to her, "Come into the deep water and I'll duck you." She replied, "I'm not scared of you, you can't even say it right."