KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keighley News

I have in my possession(kindly passed on by brother- in-law Mike Boothroyd) a Jan 2000 (Millennium) edition of The Keighley News. It contains front pages of various KN editions over the years, particularly when there has been a significant event like KRLFC getting to Wembley , or the Mechanics Fire. I am not sure at this stage how to communicate some of this stuff to you as its in broadsheet form. I might be able to reduce some of it to A4 , scan and send to Chris, though how succesful it will be remains to be seen. Anyway watch this space, and I will try to organise something.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: Keighley News

I appreciate this offer, Brian, which would appear to present you with some technical difficulties.
I have a rather dilapidated anniversary version of the Kly News from circa 1960 which would confound my creative skills if I tried to make it available on this website.
Might I make an alternative suggestion?
These publications are probably available elsewhere on the web from other sources. Is it possible to create a "resource corner" (like the "Kiddies' Corner" in the local library) where the "URL"s of sites of interest to our posters AND secret readers are listed? There are already several links on this site of interest to most "tykeophiles". A good idea worthy of development, Chris?????

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln