KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boycott talking sense at last

For years Barnsley's finest Geoffrey Boycott irritated me enormously. Playing for his own batting average, talking out of the side of his mouth, whacking his tarty girlfriend and wearing stupid hats. Oh and his perennial reference to the 'corridor of uncertainty' as regards bowling and batting. But his recent column in the Daily Telegraph about the demise of the English cricket team and the overpaid and underworked international cricketers 'not being in the real world' made perfect sense to me. Or am I mellowing.

Re: Boycott talking sense at last

Don't know about Boycott making more sense and doubt this post complies with the forum's mission statement: 'A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School'. But that's just a quibble - my main point is that this forum would benefit if all contributors used their names rather than initials or pen names. This is a wide ranging and largely good natured platform - what's the point of hiding or disguising your identity?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-57

Current location (optional) Melbourne

I saw the title of this thread and thought it was an exhortation ....... but then I think I did that long ago.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) leeds

Yes, there have been one or two people using the site, of late, who have not bothered to sign in. It's not really too much to ask that bona fide people identify themselves. Perhaps the only way to enforce this is for everyone to boycott threads begun by the invisible - or is there another way, Chris?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Doug Thomson, Chris is a website master of genius. He also knows that KBGS posters that do not know Geylang and Orchard Towers in Singapore are a bit boring and not well travelled. So stop being a tedious old boy and go with the flow. Fred Trueman has a statue in Skipton what about Brian Close in Baildon. Or Barry Whittingham in Keighley. Now that is something to get agitated about.

What has Geylang and Orchard Towers got to do with the price of fish?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

If under "Author", when a pseudonym is used, I click on, what resembles to me, a double monitor, no further information is presented relevant to years at kbgs or place of residence, I make all manner of assumptions about the author. On looking back to the "rules" requested by the Web Master I read as follows "Before posting for the first time please add to the KBGS guest book".

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

I think we can take it that these two posters - Ex KBGS skipper and Trueman/Close fan - are bogus and should, according to the terms of use, be deleted (messages, that is - not necessarily the writers. That might be a bit extreme) The same should apply to posters who use only initials.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-57

Current location (optional) Melbourne

Sunshine, I lived in Singapore long before you knew it existed! As for "going with the flow", only mindless prats do that... Do us all a favour and take your claptrap elsewhere.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) '51-'58

Surely if you go with the flow you end up going down the drain.
I suspect that either 92.239.42.197 is too embarrassed about results during his tenure as "KBGS skipper" or he doesn't exist at all.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) leeds