KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW THREADS

Reading the last few posts, in my opinion,I believe that the time has now come in this excellent website to abandon "bait" type posts and concentrate on what K.B.G.S. did ,or not do for you? By being the so called "elitest" pupils in Town at that time was this a good or bad idea.?
One reads such a lot about our "characterful Masters" but did these "role models" at the time impact on how we became "pillars of society or not!" It will be very interesting for future generations of "Educational Historians " to study the "Grammar School" model and what effect it had on Society then and possibly in the 21st century!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59-66

Current location (optional) HAWORTH

Re: NEW THREADS

Where's the fun in that,J.F? Your posting has been viewed 30 times and no-one has taken the trouble to comment. In any event the trap doesn't need to be baited before the mice are throwing themselves on it.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Thankyou for your words of wisdom . I`ll keep my trap shut in future!

At least your bait was taken by one person, John.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) leeds

It may be the early bird that gets the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Boom boom!

Thankyou Shaun.

We soon lost the thread of your first posting.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate