KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mischievous Night

Did you all go out and create mayhem last night? And are you all having bonfires, fireworks, plot toffee and roast potatoes tonight?

Re: Mischievous Night

So what do you have against parkin pigs?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia via Haworth

My humble apologies John, it's 42 years since I enjoyed a Yorkshire 'Plot Night' - I've probably forgotten more than just parkin pigs!!

It's been 47 for me and I miss it more with every year that passes. You cannot buy fireworks (legally) in NSW Australia unless you undertake a pyrotechnics training course and produce evidence of same, then apply for permission to buy and set off fireworks in accordance with regulations. If only I knew where to buy saltpetre

Oh you young fellas!!!!! It's 54 years for me.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

Don't worry,boys,the ship hasn't sunk yet.Those of us who stayed have kept the flame burning for you.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Did you know that fire at sea is one of the sailor's worst fears? Keep the flame burning on t' bonfire where it belongs.

62 yrs for me , Bill

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Sassafras , Tasmania

I concede Mike !!! You must have gone straight from school. I know of Sassafras, having travelled in Tassie many years ago, but never been to it.I "grew up" in Geelong. I have a sister in Mathinna, over St Helens way. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ