KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where are they now?

Perhaps B.R.M. can say which teacher`s during his and my time at KBGS are still alive and what happened to them?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59-66

Current location (optional) HAWORTH

Re: Where are they now?

...and maybe Terry M can say whatever happened to David Harrison, often pictured with him in the archive photos?

Sorry. Can't help. I haven't seen him since the Old Boys' match v School in 1962. I believe John Topham came upon him about 10 years ago walking his dog somewhere in Airedale.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

John, the only one I know of his whereabouts is Dale Vincent Firman, who lives in Bridgnorth, Shropshire.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

I know that Tony Cullingford is alive and well and living in Tewkesbury, Gloucs. We have exchanged a number of emails.
Tony Peart died fairly recently after living in the Doncaster area for some years I believe.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Both Peter 'Rocks' Wilby (who looks the same as he did when we were at KBGS) and Geoff Smith (Canoe Club) - who is slightly the worse for wear, both live in Embsay.

Sad news about 'Percy'.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59 - 66

Current location (optional) Embsay

John Waddington-Feather lives in Shrewsbury. David Peacock (my predecessor but one as Principal of Whitelands College, Roehampton University!)lives near Kirkby Lonsdale. Spike Ranyard lives in Liverpool (with 'Young' Spike!).

I've just read Ian Fearnside's posting, refering to the late Tony Peart (under "Family Announcements").
Ah,Yes! I well remember D.A.P's after-school "club" in the metalwork room, which Ian describes so vividly. I can't claim to have "queued up" to be there, although I have developed a fairly serious commitment to steam railway preservation in more recent years. At the time, though, I was gaining serious motivation to produce more acceptable English compositions!
It's very refreshing to read the memories of a former KBGS master for a change. Please add more, Ian; it might even encourage others to contribute.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Agreed, Brian. But perhaps we have (by recalling on site some of our worst recollections of members of staff) deterred, from posting, those teachers who visit this site . 2 Points: It may go against their professional grain to disclose some of their recollections of colleagues (other than bland spin); and, as professionals, they may find it difficult to write about events which involve reference to pupils at the school.

Dale Vincent Firman is is Bridgnorth. It would be good to hear from him, no doubt it would be underlined in capitals !

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

High Town or Low Town?

Ref the query re David Harrison.I bumped into his brother Jimmy today, and informed him about this site and the request for info.Apparently David lives in Northampton.Hopefully Jimmy will post further info in due course.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59-64

Current location (optional) keighley

Jimmy'll no doubt be gobsmacked to see his photo taken at the Granby all those years ago....hope he posts....!