KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ENOCH/DIIARRHOEA

Enoch at one point was my form master. When I found out I thought I`d drawn the short straw!!
However one Mon. morning the class had to go to the Physics room at the end of the top corridor for our regular Physics lesson. But at least half of the class including me did`nt. We stayed off school feigning the dreaded D. This was to teach E. a lesson as we were all fed up with sitting by his table and feeling the wrath of his wooden metre ruler on our heads when he asked a question regardless of whether we got the answer right or wrong!
Needless to say I have E. to thank for passing my Physics "O" level.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59-66

Current location (optional) HAWORTH

Re: ENOCH/DIIARRHOEA

ENOCH/DIIARRHOEA
Two words which mean the same !!
Hated the man, still do !

Current location (optional) keighley

Were Enoch and Eddie Current one and the same?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) leeds

Eddy Current was E. Riley, a thoroughly unpleasant man with no redeeming features. Now deceased. I used to enjoy seeing him on speech day and other state occasions, without a gown, looking distinctly ill-at- ease. The poor chap had no degree.