KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jeremy Roberts

Can anyone give me information as to the whereabouts of Jeremy Roberts who was at KBGS from approx 1944 - 52 and who studied Chemistry at Sheffield University?

A good friend of Jeremy's, a Laurie Partington, originally from Wigan, visited me today and it transpires that they were good friends at University but he lost touch many years ago. He'd like to re-establish contact.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

Re: Jeremy Roberts 1944 - 52 [approx]

To date no joy with my request for information re the whereabouts of Jeremy Roberts. Does anyone have information about his career after leaving University? That might provide a starting point in my quest. Perhaps the problem is that so very few of my generation make use of this new technology and haven't seen my note. Somebody must know summat!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45 - 50

Re: Jeremy Roberts

I once was put in touch with a former student colleague with whom I had had no contact for over 40 years. I wrote (e-mailed) the "alumni officer" of the university and within 30 (yes 30) minutes my long lost fiend was on the phone to me. Perhaps that is an avenue you might try.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

Re: Jeremy Roberts

Out of the blue I got a message today from John Pickles Sayer [Oakworth], telling me that Jeremy Roberts had died in Argentina where he was working, about 25 years ago. No further details I'm afraid and it's not really the news I wanted to hear, but at least I was correct in my assumption that there was someone out there with information.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50