KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
T & M Bairstow Centenary 1838 - 1938

I was going to scan a commemorative booklet that was passed down to me which celebrates T & M Bairstow's Centenary 1838 - 1938.

But someone else has already done it! See Commemorative booklet.

According to my late father the man in the white coat standing next to the machinery was his father (my grandfather), William Firth, who worked at Sutton Mill till the mid 50s. See this photo.

Seems even the past is now archived on the web.
Chris

Re: T & M Bairstow Centenary 1838 - 1938

Chris,

Check out the Forum and Gallery on www.sutton-in-craven.org.uk There's been a lot of chat on the subject recently.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

Denis

I have just tried to send you an e-mail regarding Sutton to the address given in the guest book, but it has been returned as undeliverable. Could you possibly send me an e-mail so that I can get your up-to-date address.

David

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 37-44

Current location (optional) Huntingdon

Dave,
Sorry about that! I've checked out the e-mail address in the Guest Book and yes, you've guessed! It's wrong - only slightly though. Try putting @aol.com instead of @apl.com Should get through then.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

My grandfather is on another photo on that website too (3rd from right on back row). This photo I had not seen before.