KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Site sponsored for 2 years

Since I just got the bill for the site hosting and domain name I thought I would add a link to show the "sponsor". This just on the off chance that a millionaire Old Boy wants to invest in the tax haven of Singapore. No capital gains tax here!

Commercial over...I've updated the site with several photos and clippings, which all came in the last few days from various contributors.

Re: Site sponsored for 2 years

This seems an opportune time to offer sincere thanks, Chris, for all your work maintaining the site for our benefit. It has certainly brought me a great deal of nostalgic pleasure, and I'm sure many others share these sentiments.
Once again, many thanks,
Brian

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

As a "new boy" may I say that this site has brought back long forgotten memories of times past. Long may it continue. Regards Al.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Chris,

many thanks for the memories and the chance to get back in touch with people I thought were gone for ever

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia via Haworth

-and so say all of us!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

A selfless undertaking which I for one really appreciate. Naturally we need more new contributors and pictorial 'evidence'. Still looking through my papers for anything else which may prove to be of interest. Many thanks once again, Chris.

If I ever have a yen to invest in the Far East, I'll know where to go. . . (ho ho!)

Chris,
You have put a lot of time and money into this web site. I think it only fair that the users contribute something to the expense of hosting it. I would estimate that a 2yr contract for a site of this size would cost at least 150 GBP. Is that about right? Perhaps you could set up a fund to accept contributions from the regular users. I am sure most people wouldn't mind "muckin' in" with 5 to 10 GBP.
It is the easiest thing in the world to send money by PayPal.......money can be sent to an e-mail address and they automatically convert the sender's currency to the receiver's currency and charge it to one's bank account or credit card.
Come on chaps! Let's give Chris a helping hand!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-57

Current location (optional) tinseltown USA

Fine by me, it's been a great source od memories and re-newing old friendships!
What the 'ecks a GBP??

Fine by me. It's been a source of wonderful memories and renewing old friendships.
But what the 'ecks a GBP?

No worries. The current "sponsorship" deal is fine. I'm betting on a billionaire KBGS boy clicking on my link one day (aren't we all!).
Thanks for the offers though.
Chris

Just seen this. Many thanks Chris.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 54-59

Current location (optional) Denholme