KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Robbo

Hi Chris
Just noticed a new photo posting on the Faculty page. It's entitled E.S. Thornton - German Teacher. I could be wrong, but this looks awfully like Mr Robinson (or Robbo) who taught me German in the fifties/sixties. In the photo he's much younger than I remember him...but he was at the school for a long time as far as I remember. Worth checking out? Also, I wondered if, whenever you post new photos, you could pop a wee message on the forum to say what you've added and in which section of the photograph pages you've added something. That way I won't miss anything new and can pester you with queries like this one!

Re: Robbo

what i normally do when i add new stuff is (i) on home page change the date under photos to, for example, "Updated 31 Jan 2008" (ii) put new stuff with a red highlight

i leave it to the provider of the new content to mention it in the forum (if I did it, it would be too much extra work for me).

for this particular case i have emailed the provider to respond

Allan, I am sure your are right. Particularly as Robinsons initials were E.S. So I think the name Thornton is wrong.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-63

Current location (optional) Wirral

According to the labels on the "Masters 1948" photo under Faculty, both Robinson and Thornton are on the back row. A comparison of these images with the "ES Thornton" picture should solve the problem.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

Mea maxima culpa! Excuse my 'B Form' Latin. How I managed to inform Chris that 'Robbo's' name was Thornton I'll never know. I have the photograph on my own files with the name 'Robinson' appended and I also inserted his correct name on the '1948 Masters' photo. Please forgive my 'Senior Moment'. Thanks to Allan for spotting the error so quickly.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

What would that be (roughly translated) in German, David? Ich bin ein dummkopf? Join the club!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln