KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the lemon problem

In another game show there were 20 doors. The host opened 18 doors and they all had lemons behind them. Are you better off switching doors now?
How about if there were 5000 doors with 4998 lemons? In all cases two doors remain, one lemon, one money. Remaining where you are gives you the same chance as changing.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-57

Current location (optional) USA

Re: the lemon problem

Benard - pressed for time at present so I'll just say that the contestant would be advised to swap doors whatever the parameters. Explanation to follow but, if you want to find out before I get back from holiday, read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. It'll provide the answer and it's a cracking good read, offering an insight into the life of a young man towards the milder end of the autistic spectrum.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) leeds

Re: the lemon problem

In the process of trying to prove to myself that I was right, I succeeded in proving myself wrong.
I agree it would be advantageous to switch.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-57

Current location (optional) USA