KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Identity Theft

I have made four postings this evening, only because I am awaiting updates from the Police and Immigration Control, regarding a plane landing from Jo'burgh SA at Heathrow in 2 hours time.

Yes Identity theft does happen - woooa.

It appears that I am not typing this from home as you may think, but at this moment I am mid-flight between Jo'burgh and Heathrow. noooooooooo

I have also when booking this flight, in Seattle West Coast, used my home address, my home telephone number, and post code to book this flight, and would you believe I also used one of my wife's very secondary credit cards.
(This is a card she never uses)

My wife enquired of the bank,
"What have I done wrong to leak my information like this?"
"Absloutely nothing - it is nothing to do with you, but we will not be able to tell you how this has occurred", replied the bank.
The Bank already knew of the situation and were monitoring it.

I hope they shoot the buggers when they land.

Triple X Scary

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-63

Current location (optional) Newport

Re: Identity Theft

"Kevin"'s other postings have brought a bit of life to the site recently but this one goes further and brings intrigue. Shades of Ian Fleming here - which prompts the question "Kevin Who?"

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

He did imply he'd had his identity stolen - perhaps they were beginners and only did half a job. Come on,Kev, come out. Everybody's doing it these days.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

He attended KBGS much the same time as we did, Shaun, but I can't believe it's Hawkins!

I think you must be right Brian. Kevin Incognito's posts are interesting.

Current location (optional) Leeds

As a matter of interest, the first thing this site says is that anyone posting must identify themselves. So how does this Kevin guy get on here? Every one of us so far has abided by the rules and declared ourselves. I don't care if he's the man from the moon, but the rules should apply to him too.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-63

Current location (optional) Exeter, Devon

Read all of yr replies - absolute disgusted - HAWKINS? HAWKINS? - for Press and Dent Yr Bush Sakes -do I sound that thick I would work for Tesco's ( and get the sack ) - mind u - HAWKINS was not half bad in Macbeth.
McGee is not an option - he is a God - do not go there - REPECT.

My Gawd that David Rhodes is so correct - and so wise - altogether now ( green and white stripey ) - wow that David Rhodes is so correct - what a man ( boy )

At last this very drab site is enriched, (by moi - credits to Fred Cattley for the French )and due to no fault of Chris ( Chris is the person who holds all our lives together), and lets be honest - Chris is a star to whom we are all indebted because this very drab site meens one hell of a lot to all of us - (Chris can only post what u send ) - Gawd yr a sad lot - as I suspected when I was with u all at school.)
Trev Pick was always a laugh tho - Respect.

Where would we be without a little mystique?

Kevin Howley MBE ??

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Kevin - email me if you intend to register on the site. For time being you are blocked from posting.
Chris

(See terms of use at top of page)

It's a sad reflection on all 60 years of my life so far that nobody's bothered to steal my identity....

Didn't we both leave ours in that pub in Colne a few weeks ago?

Current location (optional) leeds

...that's what I mean Shaun - you leave it lying about and nobody bothers to steal it! Most depressing...

Allan. Do you think Kevin (?) should be allowed to keep on posting. After all, he may have had his identity stolen and not know who he is.

I think I had an identity once upon a time, now I am just lumped in with the rest of the grumpy old farts.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-61

Current location (optional) Haworth now Blue Mountains in Australia

Shaun - do I think Kevin should be allowed to keep on posting? Well, to tell you the truth, I really enjoyed Kevin's posts. And I would certainly like some of whatever it was he was drinking! But I can see the point of those who think you should say who you are....just from the point of view of then we can all go to the panoramic photos and remind ourselves of what you once looked like. Am I right in remembering, Shaun, that you posted anonymously for a while before 'coming out'...???

Yes Allan. I did, indeed, post anonymously for a while. It was a kind of puzzle I set my contemporaries. No-one guessed who I was so I owned up. I guess that means I had already mislaid my identity whilst at kbgs.
As for coming out - I don't recall doing that.

Kevin is most welcome to post -- just not anonymously.
I don't mean to act like a headmaster, but the rule is to enforce a small dose of accountability on an open forum.

Chris - if you were acting like a headmaster you'd be brandishing a cane and singing 'Jonah In the
Belly Of the Whale' at school assembly.

As it happens I do have a cane handy next to my computer - my grandfather's marked "W. Firth, Junction". Presumably that would be enough to identify him in the case of loss. Not quite as impressive as "The Queen, London" but suitably terse for a Yorkshireman.

The Queen, London.
Is "The Pope" the ultimate address?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 53-58

Current location (optional) Brighouse